Western Middle School 3

Posted September 24, 2009

Western Middle School 3

Posted May 11, 2009
My kids goes to this school sometimes teachers are unfair to them ,there is no reading club ,spelling group which is very important to motivate thekids of our future.

Posted March 09, 2009
Its an amazingschool! I wouldnt want to go to any other school! I love all my teachers! The environment is always 100% fun and encouraging! I love how my teachers include everyone in the lesson to make it interesting! I love WMS and everything about it!

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted April 30, 2008
I have a child in Western Middle School. We feel VERY privilaged to be able to attend Western School District throught school of choice. My child feels very comfortable there and is getting a GREAT education!! I would HIGHLY recommend Western District!!

Western Middle School 1

Posted January 09, 2006
The sports at Western Middle school are very unfair. The students are unfairly slected for the sports. They let some and not all students know about programs. (like basketball, some students are practicing before the school year starts. I am not sure how others are supposed to know about these sports starting before the school year. Also the kids that play these sports are always the ones that play all the sports(what a supprise!) The Teachers and coaches all know them and the other kids dont have a chance. The school wonders why students lose intrest in school, well all students would like to be included in some of the school sports, and feel like part of the school pride. Instead the same students are picked for the sports over and over again. I have two kids that have graduated from Western school,and one still there.

Posted June 30, 2004
I think Western Middle School is one of the best schools in the area. If you cannot afford to send your child to a private school, I would recommend sending them to Western. My husband teaches there and I teach in another school district, therefore I am privy to information that most are not. Like all schools the teachers and administrators are not perfect, but they do strive to do what is best for the students. There is a real focus on preparing the students for their future. Technology is a big priority and they are one of the few school districts in the county that offers foreign language (Spanish) in the eighth grade. The contractual students per class is below 30, unlike most school districts. The principal has morals and high standards and the guts to do what is right even if some people don't like it.

Western Middle School 1

Posted May 11, 2004
There is a major problem with the administration at the Middle School. They are out of tune with the students needs and what the parents would like to see. The administration at this school is ineffective and demoralizing to the students. Also, if your child is a minority student, this is not the school you want to send them to. They will experience being singled out by the administration as well as punitive punishments for the slightest infraction. They seem more interested in removing the 'different' students and keeping the status quo. Fortunately, the other Western Schools are not at all like this one.

Western Middle School
1400 South Dearing Road, Parma, MI  49269
Last modified Western Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top