Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

I have two children in the Petoskey Montessori Children's House, one in the Primary classroom and one in the IC/Nido (infant and toddler) community. I have loved my experience there! The ratio in the infant room is above the state requirements, which I found comforting when I was taking my daughter there when she was small. The staff are nurturing and attentive -- I must admit my child gave them a very hard time in the start (didn't like the bottle) and I felt so comforted by their interactions with her at that time. I love seeing her independence fostered, and feel that the impact of the Montessori method was visible right from the start. My child in the Primary classroom is thriving with learning both math and reading skills, as well as the science "reports" she loves to do. She is so enthusiastic about school, a feeling that I see the teacher in the room actively fostering in the kids. When I had some difficulty with my child's behavior, I felt the teacher went out of her way to communicate with me so that we could find solutions together. My children love being there, and I really feel they support my kids both academically and socially.

Last modified Petoskey Montessori Children's is a Private school that serves grades PK-5