Pinckney, MI
Students enrolled: 1,473

Pinckney Community High School
Develops empathy: Agree

Posted July 21, 2015
I have found that most teachers are more than happy to help you out if you reach out to them.

Posted July 21, 2015
My children have both excelled at Pinckney Schools. They are both active in sports and orchestra. There are lots of opportunities to join clubs, activities and sports. I also feel well informed of what is going on throughout the district because communication from the schools is excellent. We love the Pinckney area because of the lakes, trails and small-town appeal. But for such a small town, the Pinckney schools offers programs found in larger districts. I am impressed by the use of technology in the classrooms with Smart Boards and 1:1 laptops starting in 7th grade. And I feel that New Tech High is a great option for students. My opinion is that it teaches students how to collaborate as a team on projects, and that will serve them well in any future career. I wouldn't consider sending my children anywhere else!

Posted November 05, 2014
Pinckney schools gave my daughter tremendous opportunities to blossom and grow through project based learning! She excelled and is now at Western Michigan University in Lee's Honors College! The were very impressed by her resume of high level thinking projects from New Tech at PHS and the opportunities she was given to contribute to the local community. Pinckney High School is host to the National New Tech Network's sites offering tours to schools around the nation again this year! Pinckney proud!

Pinckney Community High School 1

Posted May 21, 2014
We have four children in the Pinckney schools and with the BIG exception of Country Elementary, we are very unhappy with the educational system. Overall, teachers do not care or respect the students. My older kids come home almost daily with stories of how their teacher complains about them and their jobs. Only a few are able to take the higher level math class since space is limited to just 1% of the grade! Of course there are exceptions, but Pinckney schools does not offer the kind of education where kids can thrive and learn from teachers who inspire and care about them. Finally, parents are made to feel like outsiders where their input is not valued.

Posted May 08, 2014
Pinckney High School, Pinckney, MI Our family has been completely satisfied with this school. The principal and the staff go out of their way to assist and guide the students in the right direction. My son has excelled in this environment. There is a strong sense of community at this school. We have been very proud to be part of this school.

Pinckney Community High School 1

Posted April 24, 2014
A lot of bureaucracy in this school. Instead of the staff acting in the best interest of the students they act in the best interest of bureaucracy. The school has a drug problem that can no longer be ignored. Bullying is not only ignored but sweept under the rug, all in the name of bureaucracy. While they do have some good teachers and staff , the bad ones are out of control. Parents are made to feel unwelcome at Pinckney. Its easy for a child to fall through the cracks. This school is no stranger to teen suicide and drug overdose. Many Pinckney parents are opting to send their childrent to private school or Brighton schools. My child did graduate from Pinckney and is in collage out of state however the How of how he was treated by the staff was a concern throughout his years at Pinckney. With that being said the new superintendent of schools Mr. Todd truly cares about the children in Pinckney I truly hope he doesn't but on the same bureaucratic hat the the 2 before him wore.

Pinckney Community High School 2

Posted April 13, 2014
Honestly I dont think Pnckneys school system is as good as everyone says. The teachers aren't the best, and the school system doesn't discipline students enough. There is a huge drug problem and they are cracking down enough to stop it, it's all about making the school look good and not about the students. I'm glad I'm almost about tonleave this awful school.

Posted February 12, 2014
This is a wonderful school!!! I love how amazing this schools is, and I believe anyone trying to decide on a school should consider Pinckney High School as a top choice!

Posted January 31, 2014
This school is full of intelligent and engaged students and staff. The school community will do anything to help their students succeed. When I was struggling in one of my classes I got a free student tutor and caught up in no time. The school wants what's best for the students and creates a fun and active learning environment to achieve this goal. Pinochet community schools are amazing.

Posted April 21, 2013
Pinckney Community High School is an excellent school where the teachers and staff know their subjects, teach them well, and care about the students.

Pinckney Community High School
10255 Dexter-Pinckney Road, Pinckney, MI  48169
Last modified Pinckney Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinckney Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top