Bad
Good

I love the teachers as well as the Principal and Assistant Principal at this school. They were very willing to meet and discuss possible solutions/alternatives when my daughter was having difficult in Math.

I believe that there are some great teachers here. The curriculum is fabulous. The administrative staff and lunch room personnel could be improved on. Complaints go unheard.

We moved here from out-of-state and my son has done really well at Navigator. The principle, vice principle, office staff and teachers have all been very welcoming to us and made my son feel like he "belonged". The extra activities they offer (at no charge) after school has really added to his enjoyment. This school is full of nice kids too. It was such a relief to see how well my son adjusted.

The poor ratings comments simply are not true. My son struggled during his years there. I too wanted to blame the school. His teachers helped my son and I see that working hard is a life skill and now that he is in the 10th grade at New Tech High (inside PHS) he is excelling at a very high level and before his experience at Navigator/Pathfinder we as his parents did not think he would be this kind of hard working student. Thank you to all the teachers and staff there.

Way above average school! Dedicated teachers and administrators on top of the social climate and their professions of teaching. Students have a variety of extra courses in Spanish, technology, and music. The School Improvement Team makes real progress. Teachers collaborate with other school districts to ensure top level instruction. They are also open minded and strive to balance the constant changing state education requirements and innovative teaching goals. A global perspective is taught through the sister school: Santa Cruz La Laguna, Guatemala and student social studies websites. The 5 - 6 grade separate building is highly effective.

As a family we were extremely disappointed by this school. Many of the teachers and administration do not demonstrate encouragement or compassion. It is a shame because there are so many wonderful teachers who teach because they love children.

It is a bad school. It's true, the entire staff is negative. The only good teacher is Mr. Cogswell. My child changed drastically after attending this school from good to bad. If I realized what was going on at the time I would have pulled my child out. I regret sending my child there and wish I could change it. I definitely would not reccommend this school!

This school is awesome. The staff is wonderful to work with. They do not just focus on test results, but also teaching important life skills in a gentle way - responsibility, organization, etc.

The kids are really in a free for all. The art teacher throws away their precious pieces of work and tells the kids that it is garbage, then when asked about it acts like it's no big deal. Aren't we suppost to be building their self confidence? The staff really need to learn to manage their personal problems with a proffesional instead of telling the class all about thier family/income issuse. This school needs some really educators

Last modified Navigator School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.