Pinckney, MI

Navigator School 4

Posted September 20, 2012
I believe that there are some great teachers here. The curriculum is fabulous. The administrative staff and lunch room personnel could be improved on. Complaints go unheard.

Navigator School 4

Posted April 18, 2012
We moved here from out-of-state and my son has done really well at Navigator. The principle, vice principle, office staff and teachers have all been very welcoming to us and made my son feel like he "belonged". The extra activities they offer (at no charge) after school has really added to his enjoyment. This school is full of nice kids too. It was such a relief to see how well my son adjusted.

Posted January 17, 2011
The poor ratings comments simply are not true. My son struggled during his years there. I too wanted to blame the school. His teachers helped my son and I see that working hard is a life skill and now that he is in the 10th grade at New Tech High (inside PHS) he is excelling at a very high level and before his experience at Navigator/Pathfinder we as his parents did not think he would be this kind of hard working student. Thank you to all the teachers and staff there.

Posted February 23, 2010
Way above average school! Dedicated teachers and administrators on top of the social climate and their professions of teaching. Students have a variety of extra courses in Spanish, technology, and music. The School Improvement Team makes real progress. Teachers collaborate with other school districts to ensure top level instruction. They are also open minded and strive to balance the constant changing state education requirements and innovative teaching goals. A global perspective is taught through the sister school: Santa Cruz La Laguna, Guatemala and student social studies websites. The 5 - 6 grade separate building is highly effective.

Navigator School 1

Posted June 03, 2009
As a family we were extremely disappointed by this school. Many of the teachers and administration do not demonstrate encouragement or compassion. It is a shame because there are so many wonderful teachers who teach because they love children.

Navigator School 0

Posted January 29, 2009
It is a bad school. It's true, the entire staff is negative. The only good teacher is Mr. Cogswell. My child changed drastically after attending this school from good to bad. If I realized what was going on at the time I would have pulled my child out. I regret sending my child there and wish I could change it. I definitely would not reccommend this school!

Posted May 16, 2008
This school is awesome. The staff is wonderful to work with. They do not just focus on test results, but also teaching important life skills in a gentle way - responsibility, organization, etc.

Navigator School 1

Posted May 02, 2008

Navigator School 0

Posted March 22, 2008
The kids are really in a free for all. The art teacher throws away their precious pieces of work and tells the kids that it is garbage, then when asked about it acts like it's no big deal. Aren't we suppost to be building their self confidence? The staff really need to learn to manage their personal problems with a proffesional instead of telling the class all about thier family/income issuse. This school needs some really educators

Navigator School
2150 Highway 36, Pinckney, MI  48169
Last modified Navigator School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Navigator School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top