Plymouth, MI

Allen Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2015
So Many Bullies! So many fights! I do not like this school. My son and I just moved in Canton and he would come home disappointed! Don't try this school, I would look in west Canton for other schools! Do not try this school!

Allen Elementary School 5

Posted July 27, 2009
My son loves Allen! The principal is great, always there to help. All activities are well organized & the school staff seem wonderful.

Allen Elementary School

Posted April 29, 2009
My son attends 1st grade. I love this school. We really shopped around at several different schools including private and chose Allen because they had a up-to-date technology, great reading program. My son is excelling and I couldn't be happier with the school, prinicipal or his teacher.

Posted December 17, 2007
My son attends kindergarten and I like it so far. Well, the half day is something I can't quite get use to. And the whole no homework thing is another thing I don't really understand. I think that they could focus alittle more on the preparation of reading and the introduction of math, but overall I think that Allen is a pretty ok school.

Allen Elementary School 5

Posted February 09, 2007
Allen is a high-quality. The population at Allen is very diverse, with students and families with different standards of living. You have high-income, medium-income, and low-income students all within the population of the school. Being a former student of this school, the teachers provided an excellent learning environment. Most of the teachers I had are still there, and are still determined to have their students move-on well-taught.

Posted December 25, 2006
Allen by far is the most diverse of the Elem.Schools in the district. Many of the kids come from single-parent households which makes this school more representative of our nation. There are kids at Allen from allround the world, which I love for my child. It teaches understanding and tolerance. Unlike the counterparts on the west-side of most of the parents of Allen students are lower to middle middle class, and hold the blue-colar values that this area was founded on. As far as the subs, there are many younger teachers who are required to be out of the classroom by the district. Yet there are a few teachers who have over 20+ years who are their almost daily. Allen was a better school years ago under a different principal, but one could hardly say the principal now is nothing less than caring, loving, understanding, compassionate and ever so professional.

Posted February 19, 2006
This school overall has quality standards. The teachers that I've had contact with are often not in the class. Too many substitute teachers. Teach follow-up regarding weekly progress reports and not delivered as promised.

Allen Elementary School
11100 North Haggerty Road, Plymouth, MI  48170
Last modified Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top