Plymouth, MI

Posted January 27, 2014
Excellent teachers, committed special education faculty who are led by a very organized and loving principal. We are so happy with Bird School and recommend it to anybody who can attend. Our child needs special education services, but is in a mainstream class and the staff (all of them) are wonderful at making sure my child gets special education support while remaining in the mainstream classroom. There are many opportunities for parents to volunteer in the classroom and also help out the school as a whole.

Posted June 12, 2013
Goes above and beyond to educate/love/provide a well-rounded sense of family/community on a daily basis. My kids are so delighted to go in the morning - and come back with such wonderful stories of what they have learned. I feel like everyone from the secretary - the janitor are ALWAYS eager to help and takes the time to address you by name. The new principal is on point. She is awesome and taking control/organizing such wonderful events. I have seen three principals come and go and none have come close to that of Principal William. She is "with the times". As far as technology is concerned Bird is on top. My child is learning languages of the world and a master at powerpoint presentations. Events such as the fundraisers and the Fun Fair are a hit! I am so fortunate to be able to have my kids as students here! and if you are fortunate enough DO NOT pass up the opportunity!

Posted May 13, 2012
The only problem with the school is the size. The district attempted to redraw the boundary lines with the school district to provide room for all day kindergarten next year. Unfortunately the parents with the loudest voices stopped the small boundary change for Bird so the school will be busting at the seams....actually it already is. This is really the only problem with this school. The teachers and staff are kind and dedicated. It has a very active PTA and it has been fun planning and working with other parents at Bird. The principal has been on board for almost a year now but seems qualified and caring.

Posted February 24, 2010
Great school with the hardest working teachers I have ever found out of the four districts my family has been a part of. The only negative is the new Principal seems a bit unstable, but my understanding is that she won't be there much longer. The teachers are so energetic and enthusiastic about their jobs. It's really a wonderful environment.

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted July 16, 2009
Wonderful environment for learning and growing as a person.

Bird Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2009
My daughter went to this school and got teased. And the principle and teachers didn't get envovled. Horrible

Bird Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2008
Bird school is one of the best! They strive for excellence in all areas, developing the whole child - academically, socially and within the community. It is a very strong community which lends to a great environment for the kids. Tons of parental involvement in the school. They also do employee innovative teaching techniques to get the kids engaged and motivated. Now that I am in another state, I only wish our new school could compare to Bird. The only minor drawback is the school is small - but that does not detract from the academics or social development of children.

Posted October 06, 2006
The quality of academics is very high at Bird Elementary. My husband and I relocated from the greater Boston area where the schools were considered the best in the nation. In my opinion, Bird School ranks just as high on academics, while still managing to incorporate creativity and fun in learning. My kids enjoy it here more than the east coast. We are very happy with the staff, principle and parent support. The only negative is that the facility is overcrowded and the leadership on a district level seems to be somewhat weak (not responsive, not parent friendly).

Posted December 19, 2005
Bird school is surely the finest elementary school in the district. The teachers truly work hard in providing the best education to the students. The only negative side to Bird is that there is very little diversity: It is a predominately white christian school. Other schools within the district are much more diverse. The principal is finally retiring this year. I give her credit for running the school so well, however, she is one of the most anti-social administrators I have yet to meet. It's very rare to find a smile on her face.

Bird Elementary School
220 South Sheldon Road, Plymouth, MI  48170
Last modified Bird Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bird Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top