Plymouth, MI

Posted February 05, 2015
THIS IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL! THE TEACHERS ARE THE BEST AND GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP ALL KIDS. IT IS A WARM, CARING COMMUNITY WHERE I HAVE ALWAYS FELT WELCOME, AND MY CHIlDREN HAVE THRIVED! ONE OF THE BEST!

Farrand Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2015
ONE OF THE WORSE PUBLIC SCHOOLS I'VE EXPERIENCED FOR SPECIAL NEEDS KID... I was excited about moving to Plymouth and had assumed they had a good school system. But my experience with Ferrand Elementary here in Plymouth with a special needs kid has not been very positive at all in fact it has been an amazing nightmare.
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 28, 2013
Farrand is a wonderful school in a great community. The teachers and staff at Farrand are very dedicated and truly care about the students. I feel fortunate my child is able to learn and grow here.

Posted October 25, 2013
A Very good school!!!!!!!!!! No complaints here. Always clean, safe and friendly!!!! Nice nieghborhood also.

Posted October 04, 2013
During the last two years when dealing with the school with certain minor issues with my son the principal has stood a head above the rest. She is easy to communicate with, she will call you to inquire about a concern she has, returns your calls/ e-mails and is definitely there to ensure your child is safe and reaching their full potential. I've never felt judged or looked down upon by her when my son was in trouble, refused to wear his winter jacket and was absent from school for a period of days in a month or so.. In my humble opinion she makes the school excellent. This is the first time I have ever wrote a recommendation on this site or any other.

Posted September 24, 2013
The teachers and staff at this school are nothing short of outstanding! The student population is very diverse yet, for the most part there are no cliques or nasty kids. I feel confident sending my daughter there every morning. My husband and I both have advanced degrees and feel our children's education is paramount. We trust the staff at Farrand to instill a lifelong love for learning. We are happy here!

Posted August 14, 2013
Fantastic school nestled in a warm and friendly neighborhood. I love this school. The teachers are wonderful and our new principal is already part of the "family". Our PTA is inviting and productive. They really are involved in so much of the school (in a good way) I really feel blessed that my child is lucky enough to go to Farrand.

Posted January 27, 2013
We continue to love our school! The teachers work extremely hard to provide a quality education to all students. There are many PTO sponsored activities that bring a real community feeling to the school. We have had nothing but a positive experience.

Posted February 08, 2012
We think Farrand is great! We have two boys at Farrand and they are very happy to go to school every day. This is our third year as a Farrand family and we have enjoyed the peace of mind that our boys are safe and getting a quality education from capable, caring teachers. We have had many opportunities to be involved in their education by volunteering in the classrooms and on the playground, movie and party nights, fundraisers, and showing up to PTO meetings and events like ice cream socials and Coffee with the Principal. We love the Positive Behavior Support system and the anti-bullying campaigns. Our kids are recognized with praise, special privileges and reward for positive and appropriate behavior. We can really tell how dedicated and knowledgeable their teachers are. We are especially grateful to the staff at Farrand for going above and beyond to include and support our son with special needs to get the education he deserves. The staff is resourceful and creative and go above and beyond on a daily basis. We are proud to be a part of the Farrand community of excellent teachers, a principal motivated to truly lead and help our kids with challenging academic programs.

Posted December 13, 2011
Farrand is a terrific elementary school. I actually read the reviews that were posted in 2007 and 2008 - before my son started there and I was a little worried. THe reviews could not have been more wrong. Farrand is a great place and my kids are getting a fabulous education. The teachers are great and engaged. THe PTO is always doing really great fundraisers and events. The parents are hands on and involved. We couldn't be happier with this elementary school - it is unfortunate it suffers from a bad reputation. I would put the education here on par with any school in the state. The new principal is excellent, engaged and dynamic. He will be a great leader for this school.

Farrand Elementary School
41400 Greenbriar Lane, Plymouth, MI  48170
Last modified Farrand Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farrand Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top