Posted April 15, 2014
Overall, East is a pretty pathetic situation. I've been attending since sixth grade (this is my eighth grade year), and since then, the conditions have gotten progressively worse. A once thriving student council program is now nonexistent. Students are never sure who their counselor will be, since there are different ones every year and almost always different substitutes that know nearly nothing. The eighth grade class goes on a trip to Cedar Point for a day, while other schools in the district go to places like New York City or Washington D.C. for nearly a week. There are few leadership opportunities for students, especially TAG students. As the TAG school, it's rather sad how careless some (not all) of the teachers are. Some take months to grade an essay, and others seem to forget that school starts at 7:58 and walk in ten minutes late pretty regularly. The administration is rather reactive instead of proactive, especially when dealing with disciplinary issues. Students are often punished for small things like having a phone ring in class, but bullying is pretty much scoffed at and is rarely a reason for punishment. I'll be happy to leave East.

Posted July 21, 2010
DON'T GO HERE! This is probably the worst middle school in the whole state of michigan! I was a student there, and I was bullied, and the teachers didn't care one bit, even when i complained to the office. Most of the teachers were good but there were some horrible teachers that didn't teach anything, like Mrs. Spino (tag 8 english).Another not so great teacher was Mr.Karboske (band teacher), he was probably the worst band teacher because he discouraged me from playing a musical instrument and he never taught anything. I was in the TAG program and most of it was good but the teachers could definitely use some improvement. If you are in TAG, its ok, but for 8 grade english and social studies, I reccomend not being in the tag program and instead take normal classes (Mr.Olsezwiski for SS is amazing, b/c he's an amazing teacher).

Posted November 20, 2009
i'm a student at erast middle school.and i love it. my mother dont have any problems as in. student behaveir,teacher or princible problems, or any thing alse. also this school has graet oppertoniteis for your child.you won't have to deal with any problems their at east middle school.if you send your child to east middle school you and your child would love it.so take it from me send your child. thank you!!!!!.

East Middle School 3

Posted May 27, 2009
I am a student at East Middle School and this is my last year here. The first year at East was amazing. My mom says she can remember me coming home and bragging about how much better it was then elementary school. Since then though, we have gotten a new principle and things have gone downhill since then. Now, when one kid, or a group of kids do something wrong, the entire grade and/or school gets punished. My sisters and I are very respectful towards our principals and teachers, so we don't understand why we get punished too. Also, since our new principal came, most of the teachers seem more miserable, and they too are punishing every one, instead of just punishing those doing wrong. And it's not like they don't know who the troublemakers are either. They do know, but still choose to let everyone suffer.

East Middle School 0

Posted August 06, 2007
I used to be a stydent at this school. This school is great but I have been to better schools. The school could be better if it had more apertunaties for the students

Posted June 02, 2007
- a former student
Amazing school! Wonderful teachers, and amazing programs! Many of the teachers do send home homework, but that's part of middle school! My T.A.G. child has around 5 hours of homework in 8th grade, and if another younger student in a younger grade needs help, she tutors them! Great school, and some of the best teachers!

Posted May 24, 2007

East Middle School 2

Posted March 27, 2007

Posted July 20, 2006
- a former student
I went to this school and thought that it was wonderful! Who every wrote the previous comment doesn't realize that many music programs along with many other electives are available besides just art and gym. I was in choir for all three years and learned a lot. Throughout my years besides just choir, I also had Life Management, Art, Health, Science Exploritory, Reading Workshop, Spanish, and Undercover with reading. I had a wonderful experience and was also put in an advance math class. The teachers are great and the school was like my second family.

Posted March 22, 2006
We are very disappointed with the leadership and teaching at East Middle School. My 6th grader has struggled greatly this year. He has been belittled by one of his instructors. He has another that apparently yells at the kids much of the time and has difficulty controlling her temper. The pricipal and district administration try to paint over the issues with false promises of doing better. Some other things to consider. 1) Not much work gets done in class. My child spends a lot of time aseembling 'binders', which are substitutes for textbooks. They don't even preassemble them. 2) There are many teachers that prefer to send work that should be done in class home as homework. Sometimes 2-3 hours. I feel as though I am home schooling my kid. 3) No band / music. Only one semester a year of Phy Ed. split with one of art.

East Middle School
1042 South Mill Street, Plymouth, MI  48170
Last modified East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top