Bad
Good

My daughter is part of this school, and has great attitude towards everyone around her. She enjoys all the activities, loves the fact teachers take part in student conversations. with fun and education they learn discipline, and humbleness. one of the top middle schools I know

Overall, East is a pretty pathetic situation. I've been attending since sixth grade (this is my eighth grade year), and since then, the conditions have gotten progressively worse. A once thriving student council program is now nonexistent. Students are never sure who their counselor will be, since there are different ones every year and almost always different substitutes that know nearly nothing. The eighth grade class goes on a trip to Cedar Point for a day, while other schools in the district go to places like New York City or Washington D.C. for nearly a week. There are few leadership opportunities for students, especially TAG students. As the TAG school, it's rather sad how careless some (not all) of the teachers are. Some take months to grade an essay, and others seem to forget that school starts at 7:58 and walk in ten minutes late pretty regularly. The administration is rather reactive instead of proactive, especially when dealing with disciplinary issues. Students are often punished for small things like having a phone ring in class, but bullying is pretty much scoffed at and is rarely a reason for punishment. I'll be happy to leave East.

DON'T GO HERE! This is probably the worst middle school in the whole state of michigan! I was a student there, and I was bullied, and the teachers didn't care one bit, even when i complained to the office. Most of the teachers were good but there were some horrible teachers that didn't teach anything, like Mrs. Spino (tag 8 english).Another not so great teacher was Mr.Karboske (band teacher), he was probably the worst band teacher because he discouraged me from playing a musical instrument and he never taught anything. I was in the TAG program and most of it was good but the teachers could definitely use some improvement. If you are in TAG, its ok, but for 8 grade english and social studies, I reccomend not being in the tag program and instead take normal classes (Mr.Olsezwiski for SS is amazing, b/c he's an amazing teacher).

i'm a student at erast middle school.and i love it. my mother dont have any problems as in. student behaveir,teacher or princible problems, or any thing alse. also this school has graet oppertoniteis for your child.you won't have to deal with any problems their at east middle school.if you send your child to east middle school you and your child would love it.so take it from me send your child. thank you!!!!!.

I am a student at East Middle School and this is my last year here. The first year at East was amazing. My mom says she can remember me coming home and bragging about how much better it was then elementary school. Since then though, we have gotten a new principle and things have gone downhill since then. Now, when one kid, or a group of kids do something wrong, the entire grade and/or school gets punished. My sisters and I are very respectful towards our principals and teachers, so we don't understand why we get punished too. Also, since our new principal came, most of the teachers seem more miserable, and they too are punishing every one, instead of just punishing those doing wrong. And it's not like they don't know who the troublemakers are either. They do know, but still choose to let everyone suffer.

I used to be a stydent at this school. This school is great but I have been to better schools. The school could be better if it had more apertunaties for the students

Amazing school! Wonderful teachers, and amazing programs! Many of the teachers do send home homework, but that's part of middle school! My T.A.G. child has around 5 hours of homework in 8th grade, and if another younger student in a younger grade needs help, she tutors them! Great school, and some of the best teachers!

Last modified East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.