Plymouth, MI

Posted April 26, 2014
This school gave me an overall great experience. Honestly, if it wasn't for the staff and teachers I wouldn't have rated this school nearly as high. I can speak for most of my past teachers when I say they truly cared for their students. I think one of the main ways for a student to get full advantage of their education at this school, alike any other school, is to not be afraid to ask for help. Most of the teachers I had were truly passionate about what they were teaching. However, one of the teachers that I got stuck with for two years seemed to get lost in the fact that we actually had a curriculum. She would teach us what she was interested in and then we would end up getting stuck with a district wide test we knew nothing on. Being three quarters through my 9th grade year I can honestly say almost everything I know grammar-wise is because of my 9th grade English teacher. Another concern is the fact that they have no air conditioning. I know the building is too old to have it installed, but it negatively affected my ability to learn.

Central Middle School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
this school is awesome i think this schoool is great. we learn a lot it is fun

Posted March 23, 2014
My son attends this school for sixth grade. We find all of his teachers to be wonderful and encouraging. They readily provide their e-mail addresses and ways to contact them if you need to discuss anything regarding the class or your child. As for the comments regarding recess and not having anything to do, the media center and gym are open during lunch so students DO have the opportunity to engage in these activities. If the parents are concerned that their children have nothing to do during recess, they should encourage their child to participate in the intermurals that are happening during this time. In addition, many teachers offer additional tutoring during lunchtime for students that may need it. We love the Central 6th grade teachers. Keep up the great work and thanks for doing such a great job teaching and mentoring our son!!

Posted December 03, 2013
Dear parents, How do you suggest teachers control the size of their classes? That is a district issue - please don't take it out on the teachers. Believe me, we don't want 33 students in a class either! As for standing in a parking lot for recess, be thankful they get a recess. Many middle school so not have recess. We do what we can with what the district has provided for us. As for 8th grade ceremony, we have been telling your student that they are incredible all year. That is not the only night where they are being recognized for their excellence. Central is a very hard working, student-centered school. We lead the district in many initiatives, including PBIS. I absolutely love being here.

Posted August 15, 2013
I have been teaching here for 13 years and love the community! We have a diverse group of students who are wonderful. Teachers work collaboratively to create the strongest learning communities!

Central Middle School 1

Posted September 26, 2012
I have never been more disappointed with administration before with a school. The teachers are unorganized and the classes are so crowded and kids get lost in the system. Recognition for students who excel is non-existant. Attending honors night last year for my 8th grader who was a straight A student...I was stunned to see that we collected the "awards" in an unmanned hallway and the kids were not acknowledged personally in the program...."please stand if you have a Math award in your folder"...WHAT?!?! How about show some respect for their hard work - call their name, announce their award and shake their hand. Is it really that hard??? The bullying is off the charts and when teachers are asked to re-explain something the kids are told "you should have been listening". Dont even get me started on the counselors....monkey see monkey do. Can't wait to get the heck out of this crazy, rediculous environment.

Posted March 07, 2012
All the teachers are so nice and I learned so much. Dont listen to the 1 star reviews, this is really a special school.

Posted September 06, 2011
So both of us went to Central Middle school. Yes, the school has its flaws such as buget cuts and an older school, but that's just every school at this point! No AC can be put in as result of it being 110 years old, and it gets hot, but so is Atlanta. It's tough to get through, but at the end you get to meet good friends, good teachers and it really is a growing experience. You learn wrong from right and learn what you learn even outside of the normal cirriculum. There's a place for everyone and it's the time where everyone gets to find it; it's middle school, not trying to get a degree at Harvard. You have to find yourself and Central does that AND teaches people. PLUS WE HAVE A POOL! ;D

Posted January 23, 2010
I was a student at this school for 7th and 8th grade and had a wonderful experience! I love most all my teachers and found them very helpful whenever i was having trouble. While the school is pretty old and has some kinks, i've always thought it adds to Centrals charm. While i understand parents who have kids coming from elementary school recess with playgrounds, middle schoolers are at that age where that stuff seems way too childish. Middle school 'recess' gave us a break from school in order to socialize with our friends, plus its a good start to transition them for high school where you don't have recess at all.

Posted May 09, 2009
Okay, I find it mean how some of you are writing about how horrible CMS is! It's not the schools fault your kid gets lost in the wrong croud or they get E's. You maybe need to pay attention to your kids more maybe. Or help them with their homework. And one person wrote that reccess is just an empty parking lot. Well, it is but it's the same at all the other Plymouth-Canton middle schools and high schools. CMS is very old, that's the only thing I dont like about it. Ww have no air conditioning! That's all I have to say.

Central Middle School
650 Church Street, Plymouth, MI  48170
Last modified Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top