K-8|Private

Bad
Good

As a recent college graduate, I can say that the skills I learned in my 8 years at GC contributed greatly to my success in education and in my young professional life. The strong work ethic and sense of real-life morality that is instilled in students at GC from an early age helps them to tackle the challenges of the high school and beyond. Above and beyond academics, OLGC is a family. The faculty, staff, parents, students, and clergy pour their heart and soul into the place, which leads to a level of personal attention to each individual student that cannot be beat. 11 years out of the school and am still connected to the support system of the community. I have witnessed this community pull together to support current and ex-students and their families through some of life's toughest hardships.

We had our children in this school (our oldest for 6 years) and would never recommend this school. Discipline extremely lacks. The principal/administration bows to the sports parents in charge. Religious life is on the back burner. WAY on the back burner. The math program for middle school is a joke ~ good luck for advancing in high school. We had super high hopes for all of our kiddos to push through OLGC but defiantly not happening!

Academics are average, Faith Formation is below average, Sports are good but you don't need to pay tuition to participate in sports here - its CYO. My son has been bored in the classroom since Kindergarten - he is now in 5th grade. They are not equipped to challenge kids that catch on quickly and they are not equipped to help kids that fall behind. Faith Formation is WELL BELOW AVERAGE - my children color pictures of saints and learn definitions - nothing substantive or that which would deepen their faith. I would recommend gifted programs at public schools (Northville, Plymouth, Livonia) or if you want a private education consider a Montessori or Cranbrook or Country Day......there is little return on spending money here. The best Catholic Educaiton in the area is Spiritus Sanctus......we are switching next year. Don't waste your money here.

This school is way too conservative and strict, even for a Catholic school. I switched my kids to OLV as soon as I could.

This school was great for my daughters, now in grades 8 (OLGC) and 11. For my son, we switched to Bird Elementary after 2nd grade. He has very mild ADHD and he became more miserable there with each year. By the middle of 2nd grade he was hating school (he used to absolutely LOVE it.) The nitpicking killed his spirit. His grades were marked down because of missing dollar signs, periods, etc. My very bright son was made to feel "dumb" because of the constant nitpicking. Since switching schools (he's going into 4th grade now), he is thriving and there are NO issues with ADHD - no meds, just teachers who are willing to redirect and refocus children, using patience, kindness and understanding. Very disappointed that a school that preaches the Gospel doesn't practice loving God's children which He has uniquely and lovingly made. Also very disappointed in the math program for grades 4-8. The only reason the scores may be high is because half the people have to use outside tutors to teach the math. My 11th grader was NOT prepared for Honors Geometry after taking "Algebra I" in 8th grade - teacher only taught half the book :( Faith formation is the thing we'll miss for our son.

My daughter graduated from here, attending all 8 years, very well prepared for high school. For her the school was excellent. My son I withdrew from the school near the end of 7th grade. For him, a kid with mild ADD, the school was overly punitive and made no accomodation for kids with different learning styles. Some kids will do well here, some will not.

Miss this place so much, some of my greatest memories and friends were made here. Thank you OLGC for the best eight years of my life.

i love olgc its the best choice my parents have ever made for me! this school gives you a great education and a great enviorment, everyone is cheerfull and i love it!!

I go to olgc and it is great. everyone is cheerful. Students are attentive and learn fast, and also participate in fun in-class and field trip activities. They have a vast library, a great counselor, gym teacher, art and computer. There also is a school choir, which is AMAZING!

i go to good counsel, im in the eighth grade and i have been going there since 1st grade (there was only 1st grade at the time) i have never regretted going there ever in my life. I love it! its so much fun! i love the teachers and the staff and most of all all the sports! and of course academics.

Last modified Our Lady Of Good Counsel School is a Private school that serves grades K-8