Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of the teachers are very helpful and will be willing to help you . But some teachers just give you a grade if they like you or you talk to them .

Amount of homework: Agree

This school doesn't give much homework out which is great. No one does it anyway .

I feel like I don't belong in this school or environment. Kids are very disrespectful not saying that any other kids would be disrespectful, but there very disobedient to teachers and I hate to see teachers get disrespected . Second of all the strict rules like we're in a juvenile center and the class equipment is in bad shape and text books. Another thing is the staff the staff does nothing if there is a situation going on like when I got hit in the eye with an eraser they didn't do anything to the student that threw the eraser at me, and when my sister was playing for the high school volleyball team and some girls were being very disrespectful to her and my dad went up to the sports administrator and told him about the situation and he didn't arrange it .

I know that it may be a little unfair to rate as this is only the second day. I called the school all day and no answer and no way to leave a voicemail. All I wanted to do was give my daughter her route number so that she could go home on the bus. My daughter was scared of being stranded asked if she could call home and the lady at the office told her no to get on the bus. My child can't get on the bus because as she told you she did not know her route number. She didn't care for my daughter and why should she, there is no one holding her accountable for her actions, this is why Pontiac schools are in the mess they are in. No one is being held accountable. She didn't feel bad sending my daughter out there to wait in 90 degrees regardless if she was stranded or not. It was one call. My daughter didn't wait long because I was there to pick her up promptly after school but the point here is that my daughter was turned away from making one simple call and by turning her away you are saying that you don't care for her safety and not to mention how is it that the phone is not answered and there is no voicemail. We can do better than that......

Pontiac Middle School has a great educational leader (principal). She truly is an icon in the community. The staff are very caring and truly want their students to succeed. The school offers honors classes in reading and in math. There is an extensive program available for students with special needs. Pontiac Middle School offers a full array of after-school sports. Project Excel also is available after school and is a great program for students to get extra help with assignments as well as offering students awesome experiences for camaraderie. I truly believe that Pontiac Middle School offers the best middle school experience for 7th and 8th graders!

Can u plz send me great things about the school.cause i want to come there and my mom want's me to go to Pontiac Academy but i really don't wanna go there.So can you plz tell me alot of great things about your school.

I have attended Madison for all three years and I am currently a freshman in High school, although I do not attend Pontiac schools anymore, I do believe that Madison is a good middle school I learned more than I do now and my high school is a blue ribbon. Some of the children at the school may be a handful but if your child is willing to learn they should be okay. When I attended the school was very bad but the teachers buckled down and did their job. They also have one of the best band directors in the district.

The principal is awesome but can only do so much. With the lack of parental support and involvement and the state of the district it is amazing that the principal has been able to keep things as positive as they are. Parents,the district and society in general must take a firm stand against students (and parents of said students) that continually disrupt the classroom and school.

Last modified Pontiac Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9