Pontiac, MI

Posted August 26, 2014
I know that it may be a little unfair to rate as this is only the second day. I called the school all day and no answer and no way to leave a voicemail. All I wanted to do was give my daughter her route number so that she could go home on the bus. My daughter was scared of being stranded asked if she could call home and the lady at the office told her no to get on the bus. My child can't get on the bus because as she told you she did not know her route number. She didn't care for my daughter and why should she, there is no one holding her accountable for her actions, this is why Pontiac schools are in the mess they are in. No one is being held accountable. She didn't feel bad sending my daughter out there to wait in 90 degrees regardless if she was stranded or not. It was one call. My daughter didn't wait long because I was there to pick her up promptly after school but the point here is that my daughter was turned away from making one simple call and by turning her away you are saying that you don't care for her safety and not to mention how is it that the phone is not answered and there is no voicemail. We can do better than that......

Posted October 24, 2012
Pontiac Middle School has a great educational leader (principal). She truly is an icon in the community. The staff are very caring and truly want their students to succeed. The school offers honors classes in reading and in math. There is an extensive program available for students with special needs. Pontiac Middle School offers a full array of after-school sports. Project Excel also is available after school and is a great program for students to get extra help with assignments as well as offering students awesome experiences for camaraderie. I truly believe that Pontiac Middle School offers the best middle school experience for 7th and 8th graders!

Posted July 17, 2012
Can u plz send me great things about the school.cause i want to come there and my mom want's me to go to Pontiac Academy but i really don't wanna go there.So can you plz tell me alot of great things about your school.

Pontiac Middle School 2

Posted September 22, 2008

Pontiac Middle School 4

Posted April 11, 2008
I have attended Madison for all three years and I am currently a freshman in High school, although I do not attend Pontiac schools anymore, I do believe that Madison is a good middle school I learned more than I do now and my high school is a blue ribbon. Some of the children at the school may be a handful but if your child is willing to learn they should be okay. When I attended the school was very bad but the teachers buckled down and did their job. They also have one of the best band directors in the district.

Posted December 30, 2006

Pontiac Middle School 4

Posted November 21, 2006
The principal is awesome but can only do so much. With the lack of parental support and involvement and the state of the district it is amazing that the principal has been able to keep things as positive as they are. Parents,the district and society in general must take a firm stand against students (and parents of said students) that continually disrupt the classroom and school.

Pontiac Middle School 3

Posted April 29, 2006
My son currently attends Madison and though I think the principal and assistant prinicipal work with what they have. I wish there was a way that they could improve the academic programs. There is a need for classroom maintenance. The music teacher had one of the best bands in the Christmas parade. Therr are not sports for the sixth graders however they have sports for the other grades. Unfortunately the school is full of unrully children that seem to get away with too much. Some how the young teachers need to find a way to get control of their classes instead of letting the children control the classes. I am glad they are going to have uniforms for next school season.

Posted August 09, 2005

Posted August 03, 2005
My daughter went to this school, she's in the 9th gr now, and I have one entering this school this year. I only wish that were not the case. Most of the teachers are there only for the pay and don't give a care about the students safety or acedemic achievements. The amount of racism in this school is not only tollerated but encouraged. My daughter had to start counseling because of the racist remarks and brutality of this school. The principles were NO help in resolving this. Although she was on the honor roll, I still feel she is lacking acidemically. For teachers and staff to be so worried about the time of the day instead of grades and being mentors, it is shameless. Racism and poor education certainly take a stand here.

Pontiac Middle School