Posted March 06, 2014
My name is Ronald Wicks . I graduated from pontiac northern. in 88 and atended pontiac schools from grad k . My experience was extremely dangers . as well as none. education l . Fro 3YEARS IN A ROW i was made to attend a class whear each year we worked out of the same book . frunt to back . the first year i did the work . the second the same the third year i handed in the second years work with a grade marked with last years A . I was expeled becaus i refused to redo what had been done . Fighting and buling in pontiac is Phenomenal . u can't avoid it . even to the point of being thertened by doc. dowl the princaple at the time . My mother was present when this happened . I feared for my life at this school . ther was little education . how ever i would have to say . that the vocational part was more dedacated than the rest . auto welding and so on .

Posted September 08, 2013
I am a student at PHS, and, frankly, this school is very unsatisfactory. I don't blame the teachers or students entirely (although the students should have a bit more self-discipline and etc., and some of the teachers should actually try to control their classes), but a lot could change. Students don't really have a say in this school - every time I try to speak up about an issue, I get interrupted and quieted. Is this what a school is? I can't even walk into some of my classes without having some idiot goofing off to impress their "friends." It's ridiculous that I'm not allowed to express my concerns and suggestions. Personally, I think the school would be a lot better if it could accept criticism; the authority is way too arrogant and feel anything else other than what they dictate is incorrect, and they won't hesitate to make you feel as such. It's horrible. What I'm trying to say here is that this is a school that needs loads of improvement, but I still have a little hope for it. I see the potential in it when no one else can, and I'm usually a pessimist. wow so deep my speech ikr wow slow claps

Posted February 07, 2013
I currently have two kids in the Pontiac Schools ITA program. At first glance, I was very impressed. Then, I attended the parent/teacher conference. My impression then turned south. It was a cluster F^%$. I also understand that the teachers have taken a hit in salaries. I must live in Pontiac due to an impossible situation. My kids are really trying to do their best, but you can't get water out of a rock. These schools are a real mess. I think I will go up the road to Oxford Schools if things keep getting worse.

Pontiac High School 2

Posted May 17, 2012
i see everyday what goes on on the school bus , and at the school. the high school along with the middle school are terrible, its scary., and so sad.

Posted April 20, 2011
I am a former student at the school. Some people say that parent involvement is needed, but parents can't do everything on their own. My parents were the most involved people in the school, my whole family was. But without help from the school, my family trying to help is pointless. So yes, parents need to be more involved, but the teachers and staff need to be more involved too. I've had teachers who didn't care about the students, even the ones who tried. I've also had teachers who didn't care what grade was on the report card, as long as enough students passed.

Posted March 03, 2011
This is the worst school!! and im not talking about Northern, well no it's Pontiac high because Central and Northern have merged because the district doent have enough money. Im talking about International Tech academy or I.T.A . The teachers loose your work and are vey unorganized. No one is on one accoured. They try to carry a perstegous name but they arent. My daughter got her phone talken it we were supposed to get it back today and I used my gas to ride all the way to downtown Pontiac and NOONE, KNEW WHERE THE PRINCIPAL WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did not get her phone back and they didnt give me a apology!!!!!!! They even ignored me. They get little school work and everything is group based. If someone in the group didnt do their work then the whole group fails. The teachers have no compassion and are COLD. They have to wear blazers that were like $90 and didnt inforce the kids to wear them. I can not wait till the last months of school are over. My daughter will not be returning. But Pontiac is a Horriable school and I wouldnt advise anyone to attend!!

Pontiac High School 4

Pontiac High School 5

Posted July 25, 2008

Pontiac High School
1051 Arlene Ave, Pontiac, MI  48340
Last modified Pontiac High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pontiac High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 45 reviews.