6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

At the open house we left this school thinking "Why wouldn't I send my daughter here? This place is amazing!" Beautiful campus, friendly teachers and staff, and well spoken student tour guides. We were totally blown away. Now that we have a student there NDP has EXCEEDED our expectations! The academics are outstanding. They have to put in the work. I feel my child is further developing her organizational and time management skills as well. In regard to the feedback about favoriting Marist kids...I disagree. My child did not go to Marist and still feels she made the right decision. Her teachers have all been helpful, she has made friends, and has made the teams she has tried out for. It's hard being the "new kid" anywhere as I am hearing it from my friends about struggles whether their child went public or to different private schools from our Parish k-8. It is hard integrating into any school. But everyone at NDP has been very welcoming and she absolutely loves it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Community involvement , well educated teachers, caring environment. Expensive but if you can afford it it is worth it. Beautiful campus with friendly students.

Progressive, caring. school with lots of opportunities for my kids to be involved and develop leadership skills.

Both of my kids attend NDPMA and we all love it! This is our fourth year and my kids are getting a great Christian education. The teachers push just enough to produce independent young people. My kids have homework every day, but that is the standard everywhere. The teachers and admin truly care about kids and my children love going to school every day.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Look at the backgrounds of all the teachers and staff. They are trained in-school and through IB professional development on a regular basis. My kids learn a lot from NDPMA teachers.

Amount of homework: Agree

This is an IB school - homework is just right for this program. Yes, mu kids have homework everyday, but they are able to complete in a timely and reasonable fashion.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

NDPMA lives by its mission statement. I can tell you that the athletic department has solid relationships with surrounding schools and has built rapport with the MHSAA. NDPMA follows the rules and as a parent, that is nice to hear.

So far, so good! I have a Freshman and she is having a wonderful experience. I disagree with some of the reviews below about having to be from Holy Family or Marist. She wasn't and she is making some great friends. I think it depends on the child. If they aren't outgoing I would think they would have difficulty at any new school right? I told my child before she made a decision to go to NDP that the HS experience is hers to create. No matter what school she goes to she will get out of it what she puts into it. The communication between the school and the parents in phenomenal. Academics, athletics, and the entire NDP community has been nothing short of fantastic! She has told me multiple times that she feels she made the right decision. We wanted the best for her and I think she got it!

They seem to do very little to "prep" these kids for real life. A large portion of the students are very poorly behaved outside of the school. Kids will be kids and you cannot expect them all to be well adjusted at this age but so many of the students from this school behave so terribly outside of school it makes you wonder what they are prepping these kids for?

If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would not send my children to Notre Dame Preparatory. Our grade school years were very good at Holy Family Regional School, but we should not have followed the crowd of classmates to NDP. Think carefully about where your child will thrive during these very important developmental years and strongly consider other options. Once they start school with their friends, they don't want to transfer, even if they aren't happy. Six years and two graduates later, I can tell you that NDP was a bad experience overall, despite the good friends, high GPA's/honors and prestigious college acceptances they received.

Last modified Notre Dame Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12