Posted August 02, 2013
Amazing staff, teachers, principal and PTO. It's the best school we've had our child in and we went through four elementary schools already due to being a military family.

Oakland Academy 1

Posted January 31, 2013
PLEASE DON"T TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS SCHOOL. This school is very bad for academics. My daughter attended kindergarten thru second grade. We we moved and she started at a new school and she was so far behind even though she has been a good student at OA. Her new school staff could not believe how little she knew. I had to spend thousands in additional tutoring to make up for the lack of basics she should have gotten at Oakland Academy. PLEASE DON"T TAKE A CHANCE ON THIS SCHOOL. Until I left the school, I loved it because of the small class size and the family feeling, but we send our kids to school to learn and she was not doing that. My daughter is now in the 8th grade and thriving. She still blames OA for her struggles in early elementary.

Posted February 28, 2011
I cannot say enough positive things about this school. The teacher/parent communication on a weekly basis is outstanding, and allows even the busiest of parents to stay on top of their child's education. My two children are extremely motivated, and excited about learning and attending here. I have seen a dramatic improvement in my children's test scores, as well as their academics.

Posted January 20, 2011
This is our 2nd year at Oakland Academy and I love this school. My son is in first grade and he can read!! The teachers are excellent and keep the parents updated on what is going on in class on a weekly basis.

Posted October 19, 2010
I love this school! My son excelled (especially in math). The teachers are so genuine and really care for their students. My son get more than enough help due in part to the 10-1 ratio of students to teachers. Last year my son had 3 teachers in his class. There was always a teacher there to help him with any questions he had. They are very inviting to parents to come into the classroom anytime and see what the kids are doing. We just moved to Rhode Island due to the military and my son misses Oakland so much, that I've decided to take him back when his dad deploys next year. This is the best school I've come across in our years of Military stationing. Great great school! If you can drive your child to and from school, you owe it to yourself to give this school a try.

Oakland Academy 2

Posted October 16, 2009

Oakland Academy 0

Posted October 07, 2009
Oakland Academy is a great educational choice for families. Strong communication is established between the school and home through weekly progress reports that provide detailed information on how a student is performing in each curricular area. Oakland Academy also provides a 10:1 student teacher ratio to promote individualized and whole group instruction. Oakland Academy strives to teach the whole child; socially and academically. At Oakland Academy everyone feels like they are a part of the Oakland family.

Posted May 14, 2009

Posted May 06, 2009

Oakland Academy 0

Posted January 26, 2009
Oakland Academy is the best school in the area by far. They have the best teachers I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. The school has won awards for the best charter school in the state and some of the teachers have been recognized as the best as well. The 10 to 1 student/teacher ratio is the best thing for all children in early education. And the weekly progress reports mean that you can stay on top of how your student is doing at all times and help them succeed. I really wish that the school would add 7th and 8th grades as I want my child to attend for as long as possible. I am so glad that I took my child out of the regular public school system after one year and found Oakland Academy.

Oakland Academy
6325 Oakland Drive, Portage, MI  49024
Last modified Oakland Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top