Portage, MI

Posted March 05, 2014
This school deserves way more than a 4! The teachers are great ! The principal Mr.Zonts is amazing, and very involved. The PTO is very active and always looking for parent volunteers to help out. We have had just a great experience the 2 years our daughter has been there! Great Great School!

Haverhill Elementary School 0

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers are all wonderful!! They do their best to help every child reach his/her potential.

Posted July 20, 2009
Haverhill Elementary is a wonderful school, settled in the heart of a family neighborhood. The teachers are wonderful and giving and I can not say enough great things about the principal. He is a man that is for the kids, and goes above and beyond that of any other principal I have ever known. His patience and generosity to his students is just amazing. Parents feel welcomed and students are happy and well educated.

Posted July 01, 2007
Haverhill is a wonderful school staffed by quality teachers and support staff. My children have received an excellent education while attending the school and have excelled in many areas due to the education they received. The teachers work hard to maintain close ties to the familes to help ensure that all children do well. This is a wonderful school!

Posted September 29, 2006
I didn't realize how good Portage Public Schools and Haverhill were until we had to move and transfer our kids. In our larger metro area, the schools do not compare in terms of academic content, enrichment programs and staff. Other schools cut their GATE and reading programs; PPS and Haverhill expanded them! We moved when my kids were in early elementary, but the majority of the staff we experienced were great some, like Mrs Della-Colleta,were excellent! The principal is visible and available to parents, student and staff. If a discipline situation is difficult, he steps in and takes responsibility. Haverhill, an older building in a middle income neighborhood, proves everyday that it's the quality of the staff and programs, not the newness of the facility that make a school successful. I would move back in a heartbeat!

Posted May 08, 2006
I enjoy Haverhill Elementary. The student to teacher ratio is wonderful. The staff is the best. If there is a problem they are open door policy. The music program's and all other programs are great and expand the child's learning. Parent involvement is great because the school is very big on parents begin involved. I love that my child is there. I have not any bad things to say about Haverhill. If I could she would stay at Haverhill for all school.

Haverhill Elementary School
6633 Haverhill Ave, Portage, MI  49024
Last modified Haverhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haverhill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top