Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My son has not experience this but have heard very good things about the staff in this area. Teachers spoke about making sure students with an issue were taking in to account to make sure they succeed.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There is a principal handling curriculum and teachers. A Social Worker. A Dean of Students directing positive behavior and discipline. There is lots of support staff. So far my son can't wait get to school and loves it.

Our first son went to New Haven Middle School at Seifert Building. Mr. Rayes was a great principal but had to handle, curriculum, teachers, discipline and the building.......way to much for single person. If you have ever had a disappointing experience in the NHCS, please, go take a tour of them now and all the exciting programs, achievements and progress they have made in a few short years. Our 2nd son has been in NHCS from Pre-3 to now 6th grade at Endeavour. Elementary was excellent. Things are very different this year at Endeavour Middle School. The Principal handles curriculum & teachers. Dean of Students handles discipline. Support staff is great. At Curriculum Night; we went thru what they would learn, teaching methods & expectations. It is a state of the art building, small population (student not a # among 1,000s), inventive, enthusiastic & dedicated teachers beyond expectations or hope. He loves it and students and parents we speak to do as well.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have heard of issues in the past. I think the addition of a Dean of Students this year is going to eliminate or decrease such issue as he is the one concentrating on that part of school life so the Principal can deal with curriculum and teachers full time. I believe they have come up with a great resolve to solve this serious issue. They also have peer mediation as well so students and a trained mediator help students work through problems instead of letting them fester into serious issues.

Develops character: Neutral

Have not been there long enough to evaluate this. I can say there are tons of after school clubs and activities. Open House and Curriculum night gave parent insight to what their child would experience. They have a Dean of Students, Social worker and a peer mediation program to handle issues. All staff seemed incredibly supportive of students and expect these qualities from students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

At curriculum night we were able to follow his daily schedule and meet each teacher. They told what they would teach, how they would instruction and explained their expectations. All were very into communication with parents and encouraged to call, email or text them.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There goal is to cut down homework (unless a project) and make sure the student is preforming in class with the teacher with instant evaluation. Personally I never understood the purpose of homework, especially if they did not know the concepts well enough. They would come home, get frustrated and have a negative reaction to school. The environment at Endeavour is about making sure each student is supported by their teacher in their class till the have it down.

I've been at New Haven since kindergarten but have been at thr elementary section of Endeavour since second grade. I am currently now in sixth grade and there is no other school I would possibly want to go to. Out music teacher, Mr. Hibbert teaches both band and choir. Our art teacher is Mrs. Shipton, she has us create projects and maybe also learn about some history of past artists. We have a couple English teachers, Mrs. King who teaches 6th grade, and Mrs. Passerell who teaches 7th and 8th. I think we have two social studies teachers, Mr. Davey and someone else (I haven't met them yet.) Mr. Davey also teaches a science class. Mrs. Trembley is one of the science teachers and so is Mrs. Gatzmeyer. We also have PE taught by Mr. Hann and Spanish taught by Mrs. Balchunes. We do have a few corrective classes too, so if your child or yourself is struggling in a subject you may be placed in a corrective class.

We started at New Haven schools in 1998 . Since then we have had 4 children go through NHCS and now have 2 grandchildren in NHCS. This district has grown and flourished into 1 of the best schools in Macomb county..I couldn't find a better school for my children/grandchildren. . My daughter's graduating class only had 63 students and All graduated but 1..love the teachers and the staff, I'm really bummed that Mr.Ray's retired but I'm sure the new principal will be wonderful. . Proud to live in New Haven!

I teach in a neighboring, well-respected district, but my children attend New Haven Community Schools. They are in elementary school, but attend in the Elementary portion of Endeavor, so I have posted this review twice. I could not be happier with the education they are receiving. The teachers are kind, caring, and experienced. Because the district is small, I feel as if my children receive the kind of individualized instruction they need for academic achievement. The environment is nurturing and the expectations are high. The smaller size allows me to know all the individuals who have contact with my children and the parents of their peers. I feel as if my family belongs to a community of learners. In terms of available technology, NHCS is superior to it's larger neighbors and is working harder and faster to be on the cusp of educational changes. Because of their size, adaptations occur more quickly and efficiently. I adore the teachers, the principals, the support staff, and the superintendent. Every day I am grateful that I chose New Haven Community Schools. This district is a hidden jewel in Macomb County.

Last modified Endeavour Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.