Redford Charter Township, MI

Posted April 02, 2014
MacGowan is great school. The teachers and teacher helpers are very hands on. They care about the kids and how they learn the right way. Parent - teacher relationships are great. Mrs.Green kindergarden teacher is the best hands done.Aswell as Mrs.Moore her helper

Posted July 26, 2011
I loved having the K-1 graders at one school! They get to learn what school is all about without worrying about the bigger kids running around. The only con is that if you have 3 kids in the district, you might be stuck running between schools to pick them all up. The principal practically knows every child by name and is very active in the after-school programs and meetings. The teachers that my children have had are all very experienced in teaching younger elementary students. I feel that my kids have gotten a great start in academics at MacGowan Elementary.

Macgowan School 2

Posted November 29, 2010
I know many people in the Redford Union school district. Unless your upgrading from Detroit schools. Stay very far away from Redford. The Detroit kids are moving in and destroying Redford schools. I went to Redford Union schools for 1 semester and 30% of students did not graduate and another 50% did not go on to college. Check out the Michigan School report card for Redford Union only half of the kids can meet the high school level of reading and math. Now while I am sure Macgowan will be fine because the kids are only in K and 1st grade and the glory of urban lifestyle will not effect them, I would not recommend keeping them past Macgowan. If you can't afford to live anywhere else then try private schools. If you cannot afford private schools then apply for a grant. Good luck and God bless.

Macgowan School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
I think it's great just having K through 1 st Grade & the teachers are awesome. Thanks for having a great school & the Admin. & teachers are all great!!!! My daughter is excelling well! Keep up the good work!

Macgowan School 4

Posted April 13, 2010

Posted July 10, 2007
- a former student

Macgowan School 1

Posted June 01, 2006

Posted January 18, 2006
This school is the best school that my child has gone to.Also the best my niece has been to she has gone to 3different schools.The staff is excellent and the parents are involved.My son and niece love macgowan elementary.My son is in second grade and reading at a fourth grade level.Thanks to the teachers atmacgowan elementary.Myson is very active in the bell choir.The pto is very close with each other.We have family nights at school.

Macgowan School 3

Posted June 22, 2005

Posted March 21, 2005
MacGowan is the best! From the excellent staff to the outstanding extra events they encourage like Reader's theater, choir and art the staff and programs are great!

Macgowan School