Redford Charter Township, MI

Posted July 15, 2013
This school is horrible! I had to take my other kids out and homeschool them. My son was homeschooled and I decided to let him return for his senior year. The counselor Ms. Schecter was NEVER available. She took extended lunch hours for the entire day everyday. At the last minute she tells me my son won't graduate as he was tutored in homeschool by someone without college degree. She Never read the Michigan Education dept. website which states anyone with a high school diploma can homeschool. And I have college degrees! BSN, MSN, MPH, and 40 post-graduate credits towards my PH.D. His tutors for Chemistry and Algebra courses were Master's level Engineers at $950/month. RU is reminiscent of Det public schools. The teachers don't care about their students. His physics, pre-calculus instructors and Mr. Valden the computer teacher were excellent! RU went down hill when MR. Evans left! Anyway I had to hire an attorney and contact the school board so my son could graduate. I don't know why they didn't want my son to graduate but I was ready to go to trial. Currently he is a university student will graduate with a BSN in Dec. 2013! His gpa is 3.5 due to homeschool NOT RU.

Posted March 27, 2012
My son has been going to RU for 2 years now. Very few of the teachers seem to care about his grades, if he passed or failed. They will tell you to follow Parent Connect so they won't have to communicate with you in person. Parent connect does not replace parent/teacher communication. My son has an IEP and they have made up every excuse possible to eliminate it. They send him home with a travel sheet everyday saying that he is doing good, turning in assignments, finishing his Do Nows and staying focused, but Parent Connect shows that he is failing. What?? This school is a joke. Don't be deceived.

Redford Union High School 4

Posted July 08, 2011
i really like RU for my son he loves his teachers. The atmosphere is very welcoming there and all of the children seem to get along without race being an issue. Mr Rodriguez is very helpful with information regarding my son. Becky the secretary rocks.

Redford Union High School 4

Posted March 25, 2011
My daughter is a senior this year and is college bound as is most of her friends. I think the principal and staff do a great job! The principal is always around and stays on top of things. They have many activities to keep students busy and many traditions that other schools don't have anymore! Keep up the good work R.U.

Posted March 23, 2011
Very happy with RU. We could use more money buy every school can use more money.

Redford Union High School 1

Posted October 25, 2010
This is a terrible school. The teachers do not contact you when there's an issue. Recently kids were suspended for 1 day and no reasons were given other than these 18 students were disruptive. The 1 day suspension was revoked due to parents being outraged. The student is not first priority at this school. My experience with RU has been extremely disheartening. I have never experienced this before with educators.

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted October 22, 2009
RU does the best it can with the money they have to spend. The teachers seem to care about the kids and the school, the principal is very visible and accessable unlike many other schools and the kids really like her. The sports programs do very well for the most part. The community takes pride in the school. Go Panthers!!

Redford Union High School 0

Posted September 28, 2009
Redford Union is the best it teaches kids how to be adults,they have awesome programs for thier students.The teachers are amazing....Kim

Posted September 16, 2009
it is a very good school with very caring teachers. my son has done great in this school. and that is due to the teachers.

Redford Union High School
17711 Kinloch, Redford Charter Township, MI  48240
Last modified Redford Union High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Redford Union High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top