Redford Charter Township, MI

Vandenberg Elementary School 4

Posted February 28, 2013
My grandson goes to Vandenberg and I love the staff and the principal. He has all sorts of computer programs that I can access from the house. It's great to be able to see his progress when he visits me. Rhonda Reyes

Posted November 19, 2010
I have a first grader that attends Vandenberg Elementary. Mrs. Malek really cares about the students and works diligently to solve any problems that come up. The teachers communicate well with the parents and are always there to address any concerns that I have.

Posted May 01, 2010
I am a parent of three of Vandenbergs students. I have to say we love the school. It is like a second family. Mrs. Malek cares for every child there. The teachers are always trying to figure out new ways to help our children. There also many extra curricular activities to keep our children interested in school. My children hate to miss school and often state during the summer they can't wait til school starts again.

Vandenberg Elementary School 1

Posted March 28, 2009

Vandenberg Elementary School 2

Posted October 18, 2008
I do not think the level of challenge that the students are given and the subjects that they are learning is sufficient for them to be competitive in the real world. If you're okay with your student being average at best in the long run, then maybe this school is for your child. If you have greater expectations, then I wouldn't waste my time.

Vandenberg Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2008
I am suprised at the ratings this website gives our school. Our teachers and staff work incredibly hard at giving the kids the support and attention they deserve to succeed. The learning environment is well structured and the students respond to the positive reinforcement. The dedication our principal and teachers have is unparalled...our test scores may be somewhat lower then the state average, but I should hope that a parent looking at Vandenberg as a potential school for their child would consider a safe, positive, loving environment as EQUALLY important as a ridiculous score on this website. Maybe even more important. Both of my children attend school here and have excelled with the attention they receive on a daily basis. Other schools may impress you with test scores, but nothing takes the place of dedication, heart, and a committment to making this the best learning environment possible.

Posted July 27, 2007
This has been such an amazing experience for both my children to attend this school...the teachers and staff are A++++! We will miss the teachers and friends since we are moving out of state...you could not ask for a better learning environment! They have so many fun after school programs, there is band, choir, pto, clubs, that's just the tip of the iceberg! Parent involvement is strongly encouraged...it was so much fun for both my children and I to be a part of such an awesome school! We are going to miss everyone at Vandenberg! I would like to say thanks to the teachers for being such an inspiration for my children! T. England

Posted June 09, 2006
Vandenberg has been a great expericance from my daughter. The staff is excellent. The atmostphere is warm. My daughter has increased her reading, math, and music skills at Vandenberg.

Vandenberg Elementary School
24901 Cathedral, Redford Charter Township, MI  48239
Last modified Vandenberg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vandenberg Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top