Bad
Good

Posted November 20, 2013
Teachers are very caring and every teacher has tutoring hours after school for extra help in classes. Lots of AP classes and college prep stuff.

Lee M. Thurston High School 3

Posted August 13, 2012
In the last four years that my son attended the school has seen "transitional periods". The school met my son's needs but did not offer much in the way of challenge. If the parent is involved then the most of the school staff is open to communication. There are some that don't wish to be bothered but that is found everywhere.

Lee M. Thurston High School 3

Posted August 08, 2012
I have 2 children that have attended THS, one of them still is and does ok there and likes it. The other had ADD and THS was not able to help us with that issue in a timely manner while her grades and self esteem were dropping, so I pulled her out. She is a respectful, sweet girl but was being treated like a delinquent due to her grades dropping and it literally made her physically ill. I'm not saying it's a bad school, but they either weren't capable or didn't attempt to help us even though the state says they must.

Posted October 12, 2010
This is my sons first year at the school and so far I am pleased. Staff really shows they care.

Posted May 16, 2010
Thurston High is a very good school. The teachers are very well educated they teach strong material. The principal leadership is very good they keep you on top of everything that is going on in the school. The academic programs are wonderful

Posted November 12, 2009
I have a 10th grader at THS...Thurston is a very good high school that keeps you informed about everything that's going on. I love the parent connect which helps me keep up with grades. The teachers that I have encounter last year and this year, are very concerned with my childs education. I am very impressed with all the honors classes that are offered...

Posted November 02, 2009
Because my granddaughter attends school there. They have a brand new auditorium for school plays and other school events. Their choral group is great.

Posted September 16, 2009
This is our 1st experience in a public school , my daughter has been in a private school since Kindergarden . So far all has been great , Thurston has a wonderful caring staff , lots of great classes & programs . Also they has a new auditorium thats soooo nice & state of the art . Their media program has a awsome teacher & their media studio is the same as CSN . My child is doing great & happier than she ever has been in school

Lee M. Thurston High School 4

Posted April 27, 2009
I am a student at ths and i believe our school & district strives to achieve more than any other school i have attended.. The staff as well as principal and authorities appreciate as well as genuinely care for students ant their well being. It has great college prep classes & not to mention an amazing music program! go band! i believe they do the best they possibly can in the current economical slump.

Posted September 18, 2008
I am a Thurston Alumni and I loved it. the teachers are great and all of the students got along. At any high school there will be problems, but it is all what you make of it individually.

26255 Schoolcraft Avenue, Redford Charter Township, MI  48239
Last modified Lee M. Thurston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.