Redford Charter Township, MI

Posted June 27, 2014
I have 2 children at Thomas Jefferson Elementary. And since there hasn't been any new comments in a while, I just wanted to let everyone know that there is new principal. She actually started 2 years ago (2012/2013 school year), after the previous one decided to move out of state. This new one is AWESOME! She is young, friendly, out-going, full of energy and always there to listen and provide different ideas. She is focused on school improvements. The school continues to be a green school. But they have instituted the Watch D.O.G.S (Dads of Great Students) which has provided positive male involvement in the school. The principal is well-liked and respected among the parents and staff. The kids LOVE her! And she loves them. The teachers are great and care so much about all of the students. If anything, the school could use even more PARENTS to get involved.

Posted July 27, 2012
It would be great to focus on diversity and inclusion inside the school. The principal there isn't the best and the school lacks direction. I would like to see the school become more culturally responsive reaching all learners. It may take the district administrators to think outside the box and hire a principal that is fresh and young to boost the energy level up with staff over here. My kids will return but I am looking to see if there will be a more diverse feeling and that their is a positive focus this new school year.

Posted May 23, 2012
Teachers are great, but Principal is the worst... She is taking the school down... Moral there is horrible.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted May 12, 2011
I am a parent at Jefferson, this was our first year here, 1st grade. i met the principal over the summer, and wanted to go to this school after that! so we did! and what a great choice it was! the Staff is AMAZING!! SO loving, and really care about the kids! Parents involvment is what is lacking if anything. not many help out, its always the same parents, and that is SO SAD, but ask anyone, its the same at every school! so pick your new school based off the staff, the awards, whats important to that school! and what their goals are for your students education! go in and talk to them, take a tour yourself, and see if you "feel" lik ethis school just has the right mix of all the important details! GOOD LUCK!

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2010
I think the school is AWESOME!!!!!!! The entire staff at Jefferson work very hard at making it such a good school. Parents are ALWAYS welcome. Ever since my son started school I was always welcome to go to his class and volunteer. It's a great way to see how well the kids adapt in the classroom. My daughter can't wait to start in the fall. My thanks to the entire staff at Jefferson, keep up the great work!!!!!!

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted February 01, 2010
The new principal in driving the school down, parents aren't welcomed into the school and teachers don't care as much as they used to. It break my heart to see how the school has gone down in the last several years. We had some great programs...all gone and not because of funding cuts but because the principal is so difficult to work with.

Posted November 02, 2008
I have been at Jefferson since kindergarten till 5th grade and I'm in 6th grade but Jefferson was a really great school! The staff was awesome they really love the kids and the kids really love them and the school.The staff trys thre very best to help us learn and fix problems if there is any. The new principal Deborah Greenwood is awesome she has over 20 year experience in teaching and she is smart, kind, and very very very helpful!

Posted February 26, 2005
Jefferson Elementary is a great school where teachers love their jobs and students love to go to school! I myself am a teacher (in a different district), and I have witnessed first hand the feeling of family and teamwork that permeates this school. I know my children are receiving excellent instruction not only in the basics but also in music, physical education, and art. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 22, 2005
I worked part time for the district. And found the teachers to be very caring and devoted to there students. Also the kids truely seemed to enjoy learning and helping. very nice staff and kids.

Posted January 08, 2005
We currently have 3 kids(1 5th and 2 2nd) in this school since kidergarten. there is inadequate challenges for above average children and the staff doesn't care to change this problem. The scool district itself is no help either.

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
26555 Westfield, Redford Charter Township, MI  48239
Last modified Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top