PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

It can seem like a lot at times, but it keeps the kids on par or ahead of other schools. It gives them an advantage when it comes to higher learning.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty and integrity are a part of everyday learning at this school. It's incorporated into every lesson.

We have been at Vals for 4 years. This year due to finances, we decided to try a local charter school that was tuition free. We made it not even two full weeks before NEEDING to return to Vals. The staff and parents are so dedicated, my children were 2-3 grade levels ahead when they entered the other school thanks to Vals awesome standards and the behavior at Vals is exemplary in comparison. We had to learn that the education our girls are getting here is undoubtedly worth the cost. I would recommend this school to anyone and remind them that there is help available for tuition costs.

My daughter has been going to St. Valentine School since 2nd grade and I would not have her go anywhere else. She is currently in the 6th grade. The curriculum is excellent, the teachers are caring, and the ethics and values are exemplary. Parental involvement is required, which I believe is one of the best school policies ever. The tuition is very reasonable and there are ways parents/families can reduce the tuition, and tuition payments can be scheduled over the year. The kids learn to give back to the community and to each other. My daughter wants to take her 6th grade teacher with her to the 7th grade, but she knows he will be there next year if she needs his guidance. Again, I wouldn't send her anywhere else.

Needs improvement. My child will not be returning this school year. The tuition goes up every year.

We sent three kids through St. Val's and couldn't be more satisfied. They were very well prepared for high school (Ladywood and Catholic Central) and for college as well. One has graduated from Kalamazoo College, one from the University of Michigan, and the third is pre-med at Michigan State. If you are looking for a school where your children can learn in a safe, caring environment, be positively challenged academically, and be well prepared for high school, college, and life in general, St. Valentine is what you have been looking for.

I have been involved at St. Valentine for 11 years now and can't say enough about the school, staff and parents. My son is now a junior at a private high school and is doing extremely well. My daughter still attends St. Val's and also doing well. The parents I have met over the years are now my best friends! Many of the same teachers that taught my son are now teaching my daugher. They are very attentive to each childs needs and I couldn't ask for more. It has been well worth the investment and wouldn't change a thing if I was to do it over again. St. Val's also offers a great sports program, scouting.... There's something for everyone.

I have nothing but praised for the faculty, parents and support staff at St. Valentine. They are helping mold my children into caring citizens. The children thrive in an environment that promotes respect and morality. I wouldn't send them anywhere else!

I have children attending this school and feel that they are not only challenged academically, but are also in such ca caring and loving atmosphere. I have a student in High School who has taken Honors classes and fis doing rather well, thanks to her time spent at St. Val's. I reccomend this school to anyone who wants their child to be in the best environment they can be in.

I have a sophomore in High School who is excelling in all accelerated courses thanks to the excellent foundation she received at St. Valentine. My other three children love their school: their friends, their teachers, and the staff. The school community is close knit and participation in sports and other extra curricular activities is high. You can't go wrong sending your child here. The price is definitely worth it!

Last modified St Valentine Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8