Public charter
Redford Charter Township, MI

American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary 1

Posted May 16, 2015
I worked for this school for two years and please hear me when I say this is the worst school possible to send your child to. Bad behavior in this school is at its all time high and the current principal suggests to love your students instead of handling the issues. If your child has a 504 or an IEP for special services these services will not be honored. As a teacher there I fought to get my students the help they qualified for and received no help. Reviews are wrote by current staff members. We were encouraged to write reviews to help enrollment. Please beware and look else where or if your student currently goes there please investigate and be on top of what your child is learning and being exposed to.

Posted April 24, 2015
I enjoy working at AMA and the teachers and staff are so helpful. I think the principal is putting together one fine team :)

Posted April 19, 2015
I work at AMA! I am proud to be a part of an organization that has the best teachers, leadership and most of all vision for students. On several occasions, teachers go out of their way to help and support children and families. Everyone works as a team and support each other. It feels good to come to work everyday and feel a part of positive change and learning in someone's life! Please come and visit our school so you can truly feel what we are about and don't make judgements without experiencing the modern Montessori education!

American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary 2

Posted February 18, 2014
This school is okay. The teacher I have now is very friendly and she sticks up for us, I've been here since kindergarten and all my teachers were nice so far but all the other teachers are always mean, and they have the most strict uniform policy ever! They won't even let you wear a sweatshirt unless its red white or blue. Also some kids their are nice I have a ton of friends. Also they are too protective and won't let us do anything that a normal school of that grade is able to do. At first when I came it was a 5 stars from kindergarten to second grade. then it kept getting worse as new teachers came and went. So yeah, even a 2 is pretty high for me.

American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary 2

Posted August 19, 2013
well i have been here since 3rd grade and at the beginning of each school the teachers are nice but after that it was not great. one day this boy was calling my friend a 'brat' and other mean stuff i didn't think that was right so i went up to my teacher's and i told her long story short when i told all the teacher did was look at me and and asked the other teacher did she want to she a picture of her dog!!!!!!!!! so my mom said i will finish this for 5th grade and get out of the on the last day of this school year i will bust out door doors and laugh till i cry

American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary 1

Posted September 27, 2012
As a former Student at American Montessori Acadmey Upper elementry, I really did have a hard time. The kids in my class where rude and violent. One kid even got his hand stabbed with a pencil, another time a student threw a chair. No Bullying rule???? YEAH RIGHT!!! I was bullyed all the time, but was to afriad to tell anyone, in fear of what my bully would do. I always got good grades at my other school, but I found it hard to keep up with the home work here, because it was so unorganized. At one point I even had to do 1450 word essay, with 5 different categories (12 3x5 note cards with fact for each category), 3 sited sources from two different places, A rough draft and I final draft. This had to be done in two weeks. I WAS IN 5TH GRADE!! This assignment really stress me out, because the same week we had a science project to do too. I am in a new school and I love it! I have got my grade back on track and I feel safer here.

Posted September 20, 2012
WOW Amazing.......A truly amazing experience. My children have been with this school since Jan 2008. I had one child graduate from this academy last year, another in 5th grade and the last child started at the lower this fall in kindergarten. I am so impressed in how much more educated my children are compared to other children of the same age in our neighborhood. My 7th grader had to take a placement test to enroll in school this year, wow. Above average all a crossed the boards. The principal and staff make all of the kids feel truly special. The BEST of all NO BULLYING going on here, because it is not welcomed. Everyone shows respect for all, the teachers show respect for other staff and the students. The students have GREAT respect for the teachers and other staff. We are so blessed and privileged to be able to attend this school.

Posted September 20, 2012
I have the privilege of working with staff who genuinely care about each and every student. High expectations are set, and students are challenged in order to grow academically. The principal is greatly respected and appreciated by the staff, students and parents, and the teachers are highly qualified in their field. The teachers not only teach the curriculum but also teach responsibility, in order for students to be successful academically and successful in life. The whole child is addressed, not just the academic part. This school has a safe and caring environment, and it is a top-notch school for academic and personal success!

Posted September 20, 2012
This school made the difference between success and struggle for my children. We began attending the first year it was open, and each year brought more success than the last. The staff were not just caring and committed, they forged relationships with my kids and became key partners in their success. I delayed moving until my youngest could finish, and if the school went beyond 6th grade, we'd still be there. I truly believe that the culture of the school (very peace-based - not sure what the parent who spoke of cliques etc. was talking about!), flexibility of the curriculum (every child gets individualized attention), passion of the staff (my kids' teacher were heroes) , and commitment to creating lifelong learners make this school simple amazing. My kids have both transferred back into public schools, and were at least equal to and/or advanced compared to their public school classmates.

Posted September 20, 2012
I attended AMA from 1st grade to 6th grade. I think it was a great school, and it is the best school I have attended so far. The kids at AMA were so nice and I always felt safe and like I had a bunch of friends. I couldn't believe how mean kids were to each other when I left AMA and went to middle school. I think every kid should get the chance to go to AMA.

American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary
17175 Olympia, Redford Charter Township, MI  48240
Last modified American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades 3-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
American Montessori Academy Upper Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top