Posted October 01, 2014
When you think family you think Washington- Parks. The principal, dean, teachers and staff are not only there for your child but they are there for the parents so they can help the child. The people there will love on your child as though they was there own. My son graduated from there and now my daughters attends, so if you want your child to excel with all diligence while getting the nurtured bring them to Washington- Parks.

Posted September 30, 2014
I love Washington Parks Academy, My son has been a student at this school since Pre-K and he's in the 7th grade this year...The staff is very friendly also!

Posted September 29, 2014
WPA is an excellent school! The teachers truly care about the students and work hard to push each student to their highest academic potential. I have been impressed with how much academic growth I have seen in my children each year. The teachers do an amazing job of creating daily lessons that meet the needs of each individual student. I appreciate the focus that is put on various character traits each month and the great example of these traits that the teachers exhibit every day. If you are looking for an excellent school with high academic standards, a strong moral focus, caring teachers, and a family atmosphere, this is the place to be.

Posted September 25, 2014
Washington-Parks Academy is absolutely awesome! My child is becoming so well rounded and I credit that partially to his school and teachers. Many activities are offered to the students which is a plus because it keeps the students involved. I love the choice I made when choosing Washington-Parks as the school for my child.

Posted September 25, 2014
I have been working here since 2006, and it has been a wonderful experience. Since going charter we have had access to much more technology. Our school currently houses three computer labs equipped to handle up to four classes, interactive white boards in each classroom, tablets, blended learning, and other support programs. We, like other schools in our state, have had to adjust to the continuous changes in the educational testing due to Common Core. We are improving each year on our tests and will continue to do so. I am pleased that we have parents, students, and staff all working to better the Detroit community.

Posted September 18, 2014
Absolutely an amazing school. Great Principal, teachers and support staff. Wonderful educational program with great emphasis on integrating technology with core subject areas.

Washington-Parks Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2014
This was our first and, will be our last year here. Unorganized from the parking-lot to the classroom!

Washington-Parks Academy 1

Posted January 03, 2014
This school have change so much from been a excellect school to having poor teacher and a principal who dont care about the student there.My children will not be return back for the fall 2014.THIS IS THE WORST YEAR EVER THE FOUTH GRADE TEACHER IS TERRIBLE.

Washington-Parks Academy 2

Posted January 02, 2014
I am a very involved parent at my three children school they all range from the age 6-13. This school started out to be superb in the commitment level from the parents, teachers and staff. Over the years this school performance began to decrease dramatically. As a parent I want the best education and care for my children, this school hasn't providing that care or concern for the students education in a long time. I believe leadership starts from the head and if that person in charge isn't concern about their students growth no one else will feel obligated to do anything more.I have held in there for as long as I could, my children will not be returning. I suggest for all parents to do their own research, what didn't work for me may work for you.

Washington-Parks Academy 4

Posted May 20, 2013
WPA as it is affectionately known is a good public school academy trying to uphold the traditions of its predecessor history in the private sector. It is difficult at times due to restrictions by state mandates. Academic standards have not been compromised but can be challenging enforcing with the new clientele. We still strive for excellence but we must remember that it takes a village to raise a child and we are doing that one child at a time by diligently striving to attract competent teachers and support staff. They have implemented various programs to bolster classroom learning and the children have taken to those programs eagerly, i.e. Blended learning labs, Debate team, Academic Games team and a Garden Club. All these programs along with the new technology added to the curriculum has helped improve the academic achievement of all our students. All schools have issues. We just have to be willing to be involved by bringing solutions.

Washington-Parks Academy
11685 Appleton, Redford Charter Township, MI  48239
Last modified Washington-Parks Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington-Parks Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.