Posted November 11, 2014
I think that some of the teachers need to learn how to work under pressure. What I mean by that is, sometimes the teachers show their students that they are frustrated. I sat in one day to see how the class act because the teacher sent out an email stating the students were having behavior problems. The teacher did not have any control of her class at all. My child does not have behavior problems so it will be hard for her to excel if her class is not under control. I do like the school academics and I can see that my child is exceeding. The school is bad with communicating things in a timely matter. Everyone is not able to provide the things that their child may need as soon as the information is provided. Overall, I do think this is a good school. I have not been in a situation when I addressed something and it was not resolved. The staff is friendly. The principal and dean are awesome! My child will continue to attend this school until she enters High School. I also like that there is a lot of activities for the students to participate in.

Posted October 15, 2014
I have two sons 4th & 8th graders that have been attending Washington Parks Academy (WPA) for 4 years now. This is the best school environment that I have encountered during my kids school years. There are several things that I love about WPA which are as follows: 1) The principal is very consistent and reliable. I buy into his vision for the school and I proudly support Mr. Cairo. 2) The next thing is the parent involvement. During various school events throughout the school year you can barely find a parking space on school grounds because of the turnout from parents being involved in there children education. 3) The staff, during the 4 years that my kids have attended WPA each and every staff person has been devoted to the academic success of my two boys. The staff are caring and considerate as well as tough (academically) on the students and have high expectations for the students success. 4) Finally, the social and athletic aspects of the school. WPA offer a wide variety of out of school activities.

Posted October 01, 2014
When you think family you think Washington- Parks. The principal, dean, teachers and staff are not only there for your child but they are there for the parents so they can help the child. The people there will love on your child as though they was there own. My son graduated from there and now my daughters attends, so if you want your child to excel with all diligence while getting the nurtured bring them to Washington- Parks.

Posted September 30, 2014
I love Washington Parks Academy, My son has been a student at this school since Pre-K and he's in the 7th grade this year...The staff is very friendly also!

Posted September 29, 2014
WPA is an excellent school! The teachers truly care about the students and work hard to push each student to their highest academic potential. I have been impressed with how much academic growth I have seen in my children each year. The teachers do an amazing job of creating daily lessons that meet the needs of each individual student. I appreciate the focus that is put on various character traits each month and the great example of these traits that the teachers exhibit every day. If you are looking for an excellent school with high academic standards, a strong moral focus, caring teachers, and a family atmosphere, this is the place to be.

Posted September 25, 2014
Washington-Parks Academy is absolutely awesome! My child is becoming so well rounded and I credit that partially to his school and teachers. Many activities are offered to the students which is a plus because it keeps the students involved. I love the choice I made when choosing Washington-Parks as the school for my child.

Posted September 25, 2014
I have been working here since 2006, and it has been a wonderful experience. Since going charter we have had access to much more technology. Our school currently houses three computer labs equipped to handle up to four classes, interactive white boards in each classroom, tablets, blended learning, and other support programs. We, like other schools in our state, have had to adjust to the continuous changes in the educational testing due to Common Core. We are improving each year on our tests and will continue to do so. I am pleased that we have parents, students, and staff all working to better the Detroit community.

Posted September 18, 2014
Absolutely an amazing school. Great Principal, teachers and support staff. Wonderful educational program with great emphasis on integrating technology with core subject areas.

Washington-Parks Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2014
This was our first and, will be our last year here. Unorganized from the parking-lot to the classroom!

Washington-Parks Academy 1

Posted January 03, 2014
This school have change so much from been a excellect school to having poor teacher and a principal who dont care about the student there.My children will not be return back for the fall 2014.THIS IS THE WORST YEAR EVER THE FOUTH GRADE TEACHER IS TERRIBLE.

Washington-Parks Academy
11685 Appleton, Redford Charter Township, MI  48239
Last modified Washington-Parks Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington-Parks Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top