Posted June 06, 2014
This was our first and, will be our last year here. Unorganized from the parking-lot to the classroom!

Posted January 03, 2014
This school have change so much from been a excellect school to having poor teacher and a principal who dont care about the student there.My children will not be return back for the fall 2014.THIS IS THE WORST YEAR EVER THE FOUTH GRADE TEACHER IS TERRIBLE.

Washington-Parks Academy 2

Posted January 02, 2014
I am a very involved parent at my three children school they all range from the age 6-13. This school started out to be superb in the commitment level from the parents, teachers and staff. Over the years this school performance began to decrease dramatically. As a parent I want the best education and care for my children, this school hasn't providing that care or concern for the students education in a long time. I believe leadership starts from the head and if that person in charge isn't concern about their students growth no one else will feel obligated to do anything more.I have held in there for as long as I could, my children will not be returning. I suggest for all parents to do their own research, what didn't work for me may work for you.

Washington-Parks Academy 4

Posted May 20, 2013
WPA as it is affectionately known is a good public school academy trying to uphold the traditions of its predecessor history in the private sector. It is difficult at times due to restrictions by state mandates. Academic standards have not been compromised but can be challenging enforcing with the new clientele. We still strive for excellence but we must remember that it takes a village to raise a child and we are doing that one child at a time by diligently striving to attract competent teachers and support staff. They have implemented various programs to bolster classroom learning and the children have taken to those programs eagerly, i.e. Blended learning labs, Debate team, Academic Games team and a Garden Club. All these programs along with the new technology added to the curriculum has helped improve the academic achievement of all our students. All schools have issues. We just have to be willing to be involved by bringing solutions.

Posted February 13, 2013
Washington-parks helps my daughter to believe that with the quality education she be anything she dreams to be! However the communication of concerns and issues between the school and parents needs improvement.

Washington-Parks Academy 3

Posted January 31, 2013
I have been apart of the Cornerstone/Washington Parks "family" for five years. My son has been there since kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. Before the school went charter, it was GREAT! We had the best teachers; a challenging academic program; and an orderly learning environment. Unfortunately, I have watched the steady decline of the school. It's very sad and disturbing. We have lost great teachers and the best Dean of Students (Mr. Fike). The school once strived for excellence in everything and expected excellence from the children. Now, the school only strives to meet state standards and celebrates mediocrity. This institution has lost a number of good families because their children were not receiving the "Cornerstone" education that we all have grown to expect. When the school went from private to charter, the parents were promised that the academic program would not change. This promise has not been kept. After this year, the school will (again) lose a number of families that have been with them a long time because parents are just fed up. I will say that they do a good job with grades K-2. Any grade past the second is questionable.

Posted October 30, 2012
This school is the best thing that ever happen to organized education. Sometimes I think the teachers give too much homework but I do see the results of it. Good Job

Posted April 27, 2012
I could not asked for a better place for my son to begin his education. My son is a pre-k student and has grown by leaps and bounds over this past year. He is completing homework that my neighbor's 1st grader is doing. At 4 my son can spell and read 4 and 5 letter words, do basic addition/ subtraction, spell his first and last name and so much more. If you are a "lazy" parent this school is not for you, but if are excited about helping your child to be the best, U WILL LOVE IT! I will admit that at first the 3-4 pages of hw each night, weekly spelling and bible verse test, book reports and projects were a bit overwhelming...but after seeing how quickly my son was progressing I could do nothing but support his teacher. She emails, text messages and sends weekly notes home to keep parents informed and involved...I love that. I could not be happier with my choice to have my son attend Cornerstone's Washingto Parks Academy.

Posted April 24, 2012
This review is more directed towards the Cornerstone Pre-K division of the school. From my experience the administration has no idea of the processes or procedures for Cornerstone. Everything is very disorganized and many of the teachers that I have seen in the location of my child's classroom do not talk to the children with respect. In fact they do not talk at all, everything is a yell or a threat of punishment. The teachers have no control and the children run around the halls often unsupervised and with little direction. I will not be continuing my child's education here.

Washington-Parks Academy
11685 Appleton, Redford, MI  48239
Last modified Washington-Parks Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington-Parks Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.