Posted June 24, 2011
My daughter went to this school Kdg. - 5th grade and they helped build a strong foundation for her academics. She is still in the Riverview district and still speaks fondly of her time at Huntington. She comes back to volunteer even. The principal, teachers, staff are awesome! They truly care about the students and never give up. Parent Club is exceptional and are constantly looking for new ways to entertain the kids through educational activities. I myself am still actively involved with the school because they make me feel welcome.

Posted January 11, 2011
I am a former student of Huntington....(30 long years ago!). I have many fond memories of this place: playing kickball behind the school, studying math under the trees, making "pinch pots" in the art room, and eating green spaghetti in the lunchroom (the principal was proud to be Irish and loved to host an annual "green lunch" for all of the students on St. Patrick's day). If you are considering Huntington as a place to send your child, I HIGHLY recommend it. I feel that Huntington gave me a wonderful foundation to "make it" in the world. I am currently working in the medical profession.

Huntington Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2010
I am a new parent to this school and I like the experience so far. As with any new school/location, there are a few things I would like to see change, but my daughter has three more years here!

Posted February 16, 2008
I am very satisfied with the quality of education provided in this school. Mrs. Mauradian (kindergarten teacher) is a great addition to the faculty. The school comes up with good programs and the children learn something new each day.

Huntington Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2008
Huntington elementary is an absolute nightmare. Class size is around 30 students on average - too big. Mrs. King is extremely ineffective, will not address issues that continue to be problematic for many kids and parents. Bullying is terrible. There are many kids in class that do not belong in mainstream classrooms but are left there and are a constant disruption for other kids trying to learn. The lunchroom is so overcrowded that kids are packed in to tightly they cannot move...Truthfully I don't know how they even breathe. It is that crowded. All that seems to matter is that they pack in as many out of district kids as they can to get more $$$ from the state. Every child is a mere dollar sign to them. Sad but true. Most of the teachers are great but there is little they can do when they have 30 kids in class.

Huntington Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2008

Huntington Elementary School 4

Posted November 22, 2007

Huntington Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2005
The average class size for the 2004-2005 school year is about 30. (The last 2 years has been 27 or higher per class at all levels). The level of parent involvement is great due to the large class size parents making sure their child is getting the best education out of the class. The quality of service is very poor (due to class size). As far as Latch Keys services way below average.

Posted September 08, 2004
Several years ago I made the best decision of my life. I entered my children (all 3) into the school of choice program offered by Riverview school district. My children were placed in Huntington and I am so pleased with the school. Mrs. King is an outstanding Principal that takes the time to know her students names. I can't say enough good about Huntington, but I can say that it is a wonderful place for a child to attend school. We are now residents of Riverview and even though we live in a different school area my children will always continue to attend Huntington. Everything that is done at Huntington is done with the children in mind. Keep up the great work!

Posted October 14, 2003
There has been some controversary about the elementary schools in the city. Some negative comments being made about Huntington from parents who do not attend Huntington nor have ever stepped inside the building. I am so glad I did not let these completely wrong statements sway my school of choice! Huntington school has the most caring, thoughtful, and considerate parents I have ever seen. Also, the staff and principle are very highly qualified to deliver the base that our children will carry on through their school years (see the meap scores to prove it). My daughter has excelled through all the many different programs offered and is excited every day to meet her next challenge. Thank you Huntington for all you do!

Huntington Elementary School
17752 Kennebec Street, Riverview, MI  48193
Last modified Huntington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huntington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top