Bad
Good

My daughter will be attending Memorial this fall. The Prinicpal was so warm and loving. I'm a little nervous about coming from a montosseri to a public school. My daughter seems to love the school already. I could mention parents names and the principal knew exactly who I was talking about.

I have to say I am not too impressed by this schools special education program this year... They have already been in a couple violations of IDEA but hopefully things will get better, if not I will be looking into better schooling options for my child.

100% love this school The Principal, Teachers and students, my daughter started in Lincoln Park schools which are horrible, i came into Memorial and spoke with Mrs.Holloway and immediatley put my daughter into RCSD. Anyone that has a bad expierence with this school im sure is just displeased with the outcome of the situation and feel the need to take it out online.

A great school with a great staff, student population, and parents.

A wonderful school with teachers and staff who care about each and every student as their own!

I am truly sad to hear some parents talking so negatively about the teachers at Memorial. I haven't had any issues with the teachers here. I also have to disagree about not finding the culprit to a group of children not behaving. I just recently had an issue and it was dealt with properly. The 'culprit' was disciplined and the situation rectified. I haven't had any issues with my daughter what so ever the entire time she has been at Memorial and this is her last year. No problems within the girls, or girls causing any problems. I also have to say that each and every school district is different, and I don't see an issue with my child going through the city for an activity. I have done it several times now. I couldn't be happier with Memorial!

Although my children are getting a good education, I would suggest trying a different school in Riverview. I am weary with the politics that go on in the school. I have had bad experiences with several teachers and I cannot wait for this year to end. The principal totally sides with her teachers in every situation. If a group of children are not getting along, they don't take the time to find the culprit, they just assume it is the entire group that is at fault. I can't speak for the boys at the school, but we have had many issues with girls causing all kinds of problems for other girls. There are also no after school activities- anything you want your kids to do has to be done thru the city. Sorry, can't give Memorial a 2-thumbs up.

I am new to this school this year, so I am comparing this to her old school. I feel that the security in this school is terrible. I have had to pick up my daughter 2 times from school for doctors appointment, and neither time was I asked for I.D. They have no idea who I am and they just told me to sign the paper. They didnt even look at the paper to see what I signed. I could have been anyone off the streets. Also it is winter time...the kids are outside playing in cold rainy weather. When I called to inquire..the principle...Mrs. Holloway told me that she shends them out to play, regardless. If it is colder than 10 degrees or warmer..they will be out playing. Now I have been in parking lot when they have been at recess....completely unsecure.

I have spent many years in this school and have had several kids...both boys and girls go through this school and I have had NO bullying issues. The principal takes care of every issue big or small and investigates it completely. The kids are very safe and well supervised at all times. The extras this school offers are amazing. The teachers are wonderful. I have had only one bad experiece with a teacher...and that is going to happen anywhere. This school is a family...the teachers, principal and the rest of the staff are very close and my kids have learned so much. They truly care about your child...and push him to do his best. They believe in the kids. We came from another district and I drive my kids to Memorial everyday from fifteen miles away because it is the best! Best descsion I have made for the kids.

The principal takes time to know each and every child's name and birthday (and knows it by HEART!). The teachers always teach students to be kind and caring Memorial citizens and the students know they are encouraged to do their best every day!

Last modified Memorial Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.