Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Hamlin feels like a community with a common goal of helping the kids. I have been impressed with the principal, Dr. Van Staveren, as well as the teachers and staff. They know and encourage the kids. They communicate well and often with the parents. They make learning fun. We love Hamlin.

The teachers are phenomenal. We have 2 children at Hamlin and both are challenged and loved by their teachers every year

The overall vibe is very collaborative and the students/staff feel like a family. There are so many great opportunities for students, and the teachers are incredible. Our family loves it at Hamlin so far!

We moved here August 2014 and have felt at home at Hamlin. The teachers, helpers and entire staff is amazing. We feel connected, informed and like our opinions and concerns matter. My boys have loved K/1 and 2nd/3rd...I feel like they receive exactly what they need at the time they need it from their teachers and we couldn't be more pleased.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My kids have experienced two teachers each so far...and they have all provided just what my boys were in need of the time. Strict when necessary, fun when it's called for, and always respectful and using every opportunity to teach and grow.

Amount of homework: Agree

I hear about other elementary kids having hours of homework a night. At Hamlin I feel the kids learn a great deal during the day, work hard, and have a reasonable amount of homework at night. They are kids still. But they learn so much. And they are creative in their approach too.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Through a high level of communication and expectations the staff encourage everyone to be Respectful Responsible Ready and Safe!

The teachers at Hamlin Elementary are amazing!!! We moved here from another country and we are welcome like a family!!! I'm so proud to be an Hamlin Elementary member!!! Thanks!

The teachers at Hamlin are fantastic. We moved to this district mid-year when my kids were in kindergarten and 3rd grade. Their teachers were great at making them feel welcome and helping them to get to know the other students and their new school. I attended an event just a couple weeks after they started school there and I couldn't believe how many teachers stopped to say "hi" to my kids. Every one of them knew my kids names, even though they weren't even in their classes. This school has the friendliest, most caring teachers that work together to make the school feel like family. We are so glad we made the choice to attend Hamlin!

We have enjoyed being a part of this neighborhood school. The parents and teachers are great. We have made friends and enjoy the many activities that are provided. I look forward to the changes that will come with the new bond monies.

Last modified Hamlin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.