Bad
Good

Brewster Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2013
This principal is rarely seen out of her office and does not address parent concerns of repeated teacher complaints in her reviews or reports improper teacher behavior to board office.

Posted December 06, 2013
We have been completely happy with Brewster for the past 4 years! There is a reason it is ranked in the top 5% of schools in Michigan. The teachers go above and beyond , even while currently working without an updated contract. Technology is a big part of the curriculum, and the teachers have always responded to my emails in a timely manner. My daughter is thriving and I wouldn't send her anywhere else! Thank you to our teachers and our principal for making Brewster a wonderful place to be!

Brewster Elementary School 2

Posted December 05, 2013
The school is not using the most recent testing methods. Also, they use planners in an inproper manner, and the principal does not care to address the issue. Teachers do not answer their emails, nor do they use technology to keep the parents up to date. I sent over 3 emails to ask about my child's progress and all I received was a general answer, and the report card. The curriculum is lacking terminology for social studies and science, the kids play in that time. It is not age appropriate to teach fossils by having the kids do an impression of a leaf. (4th grade) The students are studying once a week either social studies or science. It is sad that the core subjects such as social studies or science are taught only once a week. When I asked for Pacing charts or Montly planner I was labeled as the difficult parent!

Brewster Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2011
Please have latest review posted, as all we see are 4- 5 years old reviews.

Posted August 21, 2008
We have been at Brewster for a long time and have always been impressed, especially with the principal! She goes above and beyond her duty as an administrator to help children, parents, and teachers! And what do you mean she sits in her office all day and doesn't get to know anyone? I can never find her when I go in the building, because she is always in a classroom, in the lunchroom, or working with students. Of all of the schools my children have gone to, this is the most caring environment we've experienced.

Brewster Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2006
Not as attractive (older bldg, somewhat dirty) as other schools in the district, but has many caring teachers. You either like or don't like the principal. I see her daily and she knows all of my kids by name and she has always rushed to address all of my concerns. My children love this school, but I think they would do better elsewhere. They are the ones who go here though so I continue to send them.

Brewster Elementary School 2

Posted October 28, 2005
The leadership is non-existent because she doesn't visit classrooms and rarely comes out of her office. The principal does not know the students because she doesn't take the time to. Lacks a real vision for the school. The principal does not create a fun place to instill lifelong learning at this school.

Posted September 21, 2003
Golden Apple award winner in 2001. As you can see by the MEAP test scores, the children really learn a lot from the excellent, dedicated teachers here. Parental involvement is amazingly high, with a strong PTA and a great community feeling. Disciplinary problems are almost unheard of. At the time of this writing, class sizes are smaller than many other schools in the area. I would highly recommend this school!

Brewster Elementary School
1535 Brewster Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48306
Last modified Brewster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.