Bad
Good

This principal is rarely seen out of her office and does not address parent concerns of repeated teacher complaints in her reviews or reports improper teacher behavior to board office.

We have been completely happy with Brewster for the past 4 years! There is a reason it is ranked in the top 5% of schools in Michigan. The teachers go above and beyond , even while currently working without an updated contract. Technology is a big part of the curriculum, and the teachers have always responded to my emails in a timely manner. My daughter is thriving and I wouldn't send her anywhere else! Thank you to our teachers and our principal for making Brewster a wonderful place to be!

The school is not using the most recent testing methods. Also, they use planners in an inproper manner, and the principal does not care to address the issue. Teachers do not answer their emails, nor do they use technology to keep the parents up to date. I sent over 3 emails to ask about my child's progress and all I received was a general answer, and the report card. The curriculum is lacking terminology for social studies and science, the kids play in that time. It is not age appropriate to teach fossils by having the kids do an impression of a leaf. (4th grade) The students are studying once a week either social studies or science. It is sad that the core subjects such as social studies or science are taught only once a week. When I asked for Pacing charts or Montly planner I was labeled as the difficult parent!

Please have latest review posted, as all we see are 4- 5 years old reviews.

We have been at Brewster for a long time and have always been impressed, especially with the principal! She goes above and beyond her duty as an administrator to help children, parents, and teachers! And what do you mean she sits in her office all day and doesn't get to know anyone? I can never find her when I go in the building, because she is always in a classroom, in the lunchroom, or working with students. Of all of the schools my children have gone to, this is the most caring environment we've experienced.

Last modified Brewster Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.