Rochester Hills, MI
Students enrolled: 1,627

Posted May 02, 2012
Our family just moved to Rochester Hills and it is an amazing community. My daughter is a freshman and says everybody is so welcoming. One thing you should be aware of is that the school is very culturarly diverse. I enjoy how much the school/teachers encourages involvement in sports as well as good grades. My daughter joined the RHS cheer team and i just wanted to say how amazing that program is, the coaches are amazing and the girls are very nice. GO RHS FALCONS!!!

Posted June 21, 2011
Some of these reviews are almost a decade old! The overcrowding issue was addressed and our third high school, Stoney Creek HS, was complete in 2002. Many renovations took place at Rochester High and Adams High. Our school district offers excellent academics, the arts, athletics and outstanding special education support. I have worked as a Paraprofessional for RCS for 18 years and have 3 children who benefited from all that RCS has to offer. I work at the elementary level and can say first hand that we work hard to see the whole child and help them to achieve their best. Since my children attended Rochester High School, this is the school I have the most experience with. It's has a great, well rounded student body and staff.

Posted January 09, 2007
I have had three sons attend RHS. Each a totally different kind of student. RHS has met and exceeded any expectations I had for a quality secondary education for my children. Their counselor has been outstanding. Their teachers have been mentors as well as educators. Parent support is just how it should be at this level. RHS allows the students to grow and become confident and secure. Arts as well as Athletics are supported. As a parent of both athletes and fine art participants I find this unique. The teaching staff is beyond compare. RHS is an outstanding school. All of my sons received or will receive substantive scholarships based on their grades and participation sponsored and encouraged by their teachers. I, as a parent, could not ask for more.

Posted November 16, 2006
I am a Freshmen at Rochester High School and it is amazing i love having all the windows and the kids are so nice and kind. The teachers are Great too! I love RHS

Rochester High School 3

Posted May 02, 2006
My experience with a few of the teachers regarding communication between the parent and the teacher have been terrible.

Posted May 01, 2006
Rochester High is a great school with lots of extracurricular activities and excellent teaching staff. Parents are highly supportive of education, which reflects upon student performance. Rochester's teaching staff are what inspired me to become a high school teacher. It is a big school with various bands, art classes, many sports and clubs.

Rochester High School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
I rated this school as very good interms of academic but looks like parent involvement is not much seen. Very good facility in Music Ars and Sports.

Posted October 26, 2004
I'm a senior at Rochester High School and I have to say that my high school experience has been amazing. Yes, the hallways are a little overcrowded but it's just more people to meet. The teachers are wonderful and very personable, they connect with their students on more then just an educational level. The counselors and support staff are amazing. They go out of their way to help us students and there are so many programs and clubs to help deal with social/emotional issues. The atmosphere is amazing, the kids are great everyone helps everyone and all the kids pull together. There are tons of different clubs to meet everyones interests and the teams are great. I don't think classrooms are overcrowded and to have 1 class with 35 students is not a big deal, I've had some and it's never been a distraction to me or anyone I know.

Rochester High School 2

Posted August 26, 2003
This school has far too many students (disproportional to the other district high schools) and not enough staff equipped to deal with them. The district redrew the boundaries with the addition of the 3rd high school recently, with an eye for future growth, but this 'equalization' process will take years to come into effect. If your child is an all A student with no social/emotional issues, then they will do well here regardless. However, if your student has any kind of issues relative to needing extra academic support, or is in need of help with social/emotional issues, then you are up a creek without a paddle at this school. They are not equipped to deal with this and the student/teacher ratio is ridiculous. This report says the average students per teacher is 23, but my daughter has had as many as 34-35 students in one class. The teacher had an aide or else there were two teachers, but the distractions were too enormous for my child to overcome. She left in her senior year to attend an alternative school with a better student/teacher ratio and better support in place to assist academically and emotionally.

Rochester High School
180 South Livernois Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48307
Last modified Rochester High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rochester High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top