Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 20, 2015
Every student experiences ups-and-downs academically, emotionally, and mentally as they develop at the this stage. The faculty at Adams HS return student homework, tests and essays promptly and have always been willing to provide additional support upon request. Sometimes my girls choose to request additional support, sometimes they choose to actually open their textbooks and sometimes they choose neither of these options and accept the consequences. This staff does not play favorites even though my daughters (like most teenagers) bob up and down emotionally. All three of my girls are honest about their grades; at their former schools, I once offered to proctor a major exam simply so I could get some honest feedback on my child.

Posted November 20, 2015
My husband's job transferred him to Sterling Heights, Michigan last summer from Northern Virginia. I had began looking and interviewing schools in the surrounding area the preceding October since my girls' school would determine where we bought a house. After initially narrowing down the schools using the internet, my husband and I interviewed Troy HS, the International Academy, and Stony Creek HS. Our three girls were entering the ninth and eleventh grades (yes, the two youngest are identical) and required both special education support as well as advanced placement coursework. The girls wanted a strong swim team and band experience. Mr. Ferden happily supplied them with over $8000 worth of instruments before the school year actually began while Coach Tim absorbed the two youngest onto his swim team and eventually pushed our daughter into earning her varsity letter while still a freshman. Our oldest daughter was taken under the wing of the school's outstanding theatre teacher as stage manager and managed the summer musical production complete with an on-stage orchestra. Oh and by the way, the academics have been outstanding; Algebra II through AP Calculus, Biology through AP Environmental, AP US History, as well as Spanish II and III. My girls have been supported by a very professional faculty - even when their mother and teachers are shaking their heads and saying, "well, I guess they can do that too." We are all very happy we chose Rochester Adams HS.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 20, 2015
Mrs. Joanna Pillsbury is truly outstanding in her ability to produce fantastic results from as motley a group of students as I've ever seen. Her summer music theatre program put on an outstanding musical performance complete with 80+ cast members from grades 4-12, an on-stage orchestra, and a student tech crew. There have been (much) less well-organized Broadway productions with a professional cast. Somehow she manages to allow her cast and crew to push their personal limits while accomodating their personality quirks and discrepant learning styles into a magnificent musical production. It is rather easy to see how this community managed to produce Madonna.

Posted May 02, 2012
Our family just moved to Rochester Hills and it is an amazing community. My daughter is a freshman and says everybody is so welcoming. One thing you should be aware of is that the school is very culturarly diverse. I enjoy how much the school/teachers encourages involvement in sports as well as good grades. My daughter joined the RHS cheer team and i just wanted to say how amazing that program is, the coaches are amazing and the girls are very nice. GO RHS FALCONS!!!

Posted June 21, 2011
Some of these reviews are almost a decade old! The overcrowding issue was addressed and our third high school, Stoney Creek HS, was complete in 2002. Many renovations took place at Rochester High and Adams High. Our school district offers excellent academics, the arts, athletics and outstanding special education support. I have worked as a Paraprofessional for RCS for 18 years and have 3 children who benefited from all that RCS has to offer. I work at the elementary level and can say first hand that we work hard to see the whole child and help them to achieve their best. Since my children attended Rochester High School, this is the school I have the most experience with. It's has a great, well rounded student body and staff.

Posted January 09, 2007
I have had three sons attend RHS. Each a totally different kind of student. RHS has met and exceeded any expectations I had for a quality secondary education for my children. Their counselor has been outstanding. Their teachers have been mentors as well as educators. Parent support is just how it should be at this level. RHS allows the students to grow and become confident and secure. Arts as well as Athletics are supported. As a parent of both athletes and fine art participants I find this unique. The teaching staff is beyond compare. RHS is an outstanding school. All of my sons received or will receive substantive scholarships based on their grades and participation sponsored and encouraged by their teachers. I, as a parent, could not ask for more.

Posted November 16, 2006
I am a Freshmen at Rochester High School and it is amazing i love having all the windows and the kids are so nice and kind. The teachers are Great too! I love RHS

Rochester High School 3

Posted May 02, 2006
My experience with a few of the teachers regarding communication between the parent and the teacher have been terrible.

Posted May 01, 2006
Rochester High is a great school with lots of extracurricular activities and excellent teaching staff. Parents are highly supportive of education, which reflects upon student performance. Rochester's teaching staff are what inspired me to become a high school teacher. It is a big school with various bands, art classes, many sports and clubs.

Rochester High School 2

Posted August 11, 2005
I rated this school as very good interms of academic but looks like parent involvement is not much seen. Very good facility in Music Ars and Sports.

180 South Livernois Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48307
Last modified Rochester High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.