Posted October 26, 2014
Looking forward to sending my children to such a well respected school. Keep it up

Posted October 02, 2014
Longmeadow I love this school. The teachers are amazing and I really like the changes I have seen this school year (2014-2014). The classroom sizes are much smaller and my daughter is learning Chinese in first grade! She loves her school. In contrast to the other parents who do not like the new policies, I am much more comfortable with adults not entering the schools to drop off/pick up. It was madness in the halls and it would be so easy for anyone to just walk in. I think this policy makes our children safer.

Long Meadow Elementary School 3

Posted September 06, 2014
The teachers and staff are beyond amazing. The parents up until now have worked together. This school had a tight knit community feel. My concern this year is the new anti parent policies implemented by the new principal who felt it was appropriate to bring her former elementary school's policies with her and change the atmosphere that so many families cherished. Parents and caregivers are no longer allowed in the building to pick up or drop off their children. We will no longer be able to interact with the staff. I think in the long run, policies like this will weaken the bond between families and their school. And when these bonds are broken, there is always the possibility that parents will donate less time and less money to an organization that doesn't trust them. That translates into less resources for the children.

Posted September 06, 2011
This school is AMAZING. We are very pleased with Long Meadow. The kids are learning so much and the environment is so positive, the teachers are outstanding. We thank God for our wonderful school!!!!

Posted July 20, 2011
We feel blessed that our kids attend such a great elementary. We have been so impressed with the overall quality of the education. The media center is phenomenally well stocked for an elementary with many genres to choose from and many new books. The building itself is beautiful. Our children used to attend private school but due to economics we changed to public school. We actually feel this is a better school than the private one they previously attended.

Posted March 10, 2011
We couldn't be happier with our 2 years at Long Meadow Elementary School. The teachers and staff really foster a community feeling at the school, making it feel small dispite it's size. The kids are great and the parents are involved. We have loved our daughters teachers thus far and feel she is challanged academically while making some really great friends. The principal is a great leader and makes it a point to come into the classrooms and know the students by name. My daughter runs to her to give her hugs. This is a wonderful school.

Posted June 12, 2009
Long Meadow is a wonderful school. Kids are taught respect for themselves and others as well as rigorous academics. The MEAP scores are well above state averages. The teachers are caring and highly qualifed. The principal is involved at all levels and is a wonderful leader to the school.

Posted May 17, 2009
Excellent teachers and school that really cares about kids. The focus on making children feel good about themselves is evident in everything they do.

Posted March 11, 2007
Amazing school. Excellent involvement of principal, teachers, students, and parents.

Long Meadow Elementary School
450 Allston Drive, Rochester Hills, MI  48309
Last modified Long Meadow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Long Meadow Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top