Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

It doesn't happen here that I have seen. Sure kids may get a little out of line and say mean things but once it is brought to attention of staff it is taken care of! The principle last year pulled my son and another boy in his office to find out why that kid had a problem with my son and it was a misunderstanding and they are now friends. How awesome is that!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They have great programs for everyone and encourage the students to participate to help others that are more challanged.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

we are lucky to have a great principle and office team that supports the entire school and keeps things level.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They don't stand for bullying, which is great. My boys have never had any issues with fighting. Mostly the whole school wants to help everyone else. :)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Always SO helpful and there for my sons' needs! They are great contacting parents, too!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is enough homework to drive the point home but we are not at the table for an hour, usually. Most of the homework is spelling words and math facts.

I have had 2 boys at Deerfield and now just 1. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of the wonderful staff. They are all very pleasant and helpful! We love Derrfield and wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Develops character: Strongly agree

All of my encounters with school officials have been positive. I hear them encourage my kids and help lead them towards great goals daily. =)

This is our 2nd year and the teachers and principle at Deerfield are just great! Very caring and concerned about my childs education. The homework is very manageable. We are very happy to be here!

I have two boys, one in kindergarten and the other in 2nd grade this year. We just transferred from Rochester School District (Long Meadow) this year. What a great school! The principle is very involved with the students and the teachers my children got this year are wonderful. They really seem to have good control of their classrooms and my boys truly enjoy going to school everyday.

Last modified Deerfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.