Posted November 22, 2013
I have two boys, one in kindergarten and the other in 2nd grade this year. We just transferred from Rochester School District (Long Meadow) this year. What a great school! The principle is very involved with the students and the teachers my children got this year are wonderful. They really seem to have good control of their classrooms and my boys truly enjoy going to school everyday.

Posted November 29, 2012
Not sure what it means to be "rich" as a reviewer has stated, from our experience this is not a school mired in class warfare. It's quite the contrary. I see and experience GREAT parental and teacher participation from all facets, and that to me is the #1 reason this is a great school. We're all in to make this place the best it can be. Couldn't pay me to take the kids to the elementary schools a couple miles north or south of here.

Posted October 07, 2009
My family and I are grateful for such a wonderful public school. We could have enrolled in a private school but why do that when we have Deerfield Elementary? All staff members (principal, teachers, support, custodial,...) seem to work as a team to make sure my student has a great experience.

Deerfield Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My daughter teaches there and it is one of the nicest schools I have taught in. The Principal is exceptional as is the quality of teaching and parent involvement.

Posted August 17, 2009
MY children attend deerfield elementary school and learning so much thanks to the teachers and kids club after school programs. Keep up the excellant work!

Deerfield Elementary School 2

Posted March 05, 2009
My child attended from Pre-K to 4th grade (6 years). Most of the teachers were very good however, there seems to be favoritism toward families that have alot of money and/or are on the PTO. The PTO is very 'clicky'. I felt like I was in high school again. Not very friendly people if you are not rich. Also, the work load was way too heavy. They would not spend very much time on each subject before they moved on to the next thing, which results in WAY too much homework.

Posted October 11, 2008
This is our family's 12th year with children attending Deerfield. The staff is phenomenal. They are truly united and the principal provides strong (male) leadership. Teachers consistently respect and praise each other, the support staff (lunch, custodial, PTO) and each other. It truly is as good as a private school (behavior, academics, care.) My current 4th grader is a quiet, sensitive homebody - but still tells me that she feels her classmates love her like siblings, and she is very comfortable in school and can talk about anything there. One thing I personally really appreciate is that Deerfield maintains a social based Kindergarten. Children truly 'get prepared' for academics with this full year of focus on working in a group, behavior, treating others with respect. If you visit Deerfield - which I highly recommend - you will see happy, smiling, friendly children and adults.

Deerfield Elementary School 0

Posted February 03, 2008
I have been satisfied with the Deerfield school overall. However, children who attend preschools prior to the kindergarten class are ahead and there is little attention to have them challenged, especially in reading or math.

Posted September 07, 2006
Deerfield Elementary is an excellent school. I have had three children attend this school and all have had wonderful experiences. One of the things I like best about Deerfield is the staff. The teachers are knowledgable and caring. They genuinely seem excited to be part of the Deerfield community. The facilities are also very well kept which makes for a comfortable learning environment for the students. Deerfield provides many opportunites for families to gather and get involved at the school. The community is truly like a big family. I know that when I send my child off to school each day that they will be safe and happy.

Posted March 11, 2006
My child attended this school in 1st and 2nd grade. It was a great school and I would encourage any parent to send their children there. The staff enourages the children to be independent and their over all learning experience is great. My son througoughly enjoyed it.

Deerfield Elementary School
3600 Crooks Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48309
Last modified Deerfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deerfield Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top