Rochester Hills, MI

Posted February 02, 2015
I have to agree with all of the previous negative reviewers. One of the factors that stood out to me when my son attended Rochester was that the teachers and the students are very friendly and welcoming. However, the disadvantages of this school outweigh the advantages. Yes, they have had several lawsuits that they have covered up. (The faculty members that were involved in those lawsuits STILL work there.) Their teachers are not even qualified to be teachers (i.e. some attended an unaccredited college such as Hyles-Anderson). The school days are consistently unorganized and the principal does not seem to have a clue regarding what is going on. Make sure you know what you are getting into before selecting this school for your child's education. Oh, and if you have a daughter...know that she will be made to wear dresses and skirts on a daily basis. Is this the 1700's? Please.
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2014
My son has found this school to be an anchor in his education as a high school student. The Christ led principles that are taught here are invaluable. Absolutely no bully experiences. Curriculum was just upgraded and is most challenging. I would recommend this school.

Posted October 23, 2014
This school is far from 'Christian'. Dont even bother wasting your money here. It mostly goes to pay off all their lawsuits.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 04, 2014
I invested with my friends and they said they hate this school. 1. Bullies in 5th grade and above. 2. Bad education 3. Disorganized schedule And more reasons.
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 28, 2014
in my opinion my kids say this school is way to easy for them. That is why we moved to a new, closer school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2012
One star is way to much more then it deserves. I graduated form the high school a few years ago. The students i met were good people, but the faculty is hypocritical and favoritism flourishes. My brother was recently released from the school on a false accusation based on no proof or merit just rumors started by a student. The faculty didnt bother to get my brothers story and we even went through the trouble of providing evidence which holds up in court but they brushed it aside. This disgusts me. We are a christian family and sought a christian school. That is not what we got. Not to mention this was the first place i personally saw illegal substances. Be very cautious in placing your children here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2012
The best kept secret in Oakland county...my son has been going since kindergarten and loves his school. Our daughter is currently in the kindergarten program, which they give her a fair, honest, and godly love to excel. We will continue to drive 30minutes to school for our experience and christain education at RHCS.

Posted January 12, 2012
As a parent, my child absolutely LOVES it here at Rochester. Such amazing staff, and great people. I would definitely recommend this school!

Rochester Hills Christian School 2

Posted November 11, 2011
Have sent our two children here for awhile...mainly because of the location and lower tuition costs. If there were another Christian School closer than this one that fit our values, I would switch in a heartbeat. The children ARE forced to sell alot of things during the school year. (I read the review below by another person) They do have a dress code that is only enforced slightly above public school code. They do love the Lord....the teachers. The children in general act worldy, but I'm not sure if this is necessarily the school...it may be the Rochester location. The last comment I want to make is the workload. It is too heavy. The teachers are too picky and it robs the family of family time at home when the workload is too large and un-necessary.

Posted June 01, 2010
Excellent elementary program! Almost every child is above their peers in the public school system. If you are looking for solid, strong education, this school provides what you are looking for. My children have greatky benefited from the biblical approach toward education, and the teaching of solid historical principles laid down by the founders of this nation. You will not find the trendy political correctness and mind numbing indoctrination into socialism that has invaded the public schools when you send your children here. Solid foundation built on personal responsibility is what they teach.

Rochester Hills Christian School
3300 S Livernois Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48307
Last modified Rochester Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rochester Hills Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top