Rochester Hills, MI

Posted April 27, 2015
I have been attending Rochester Hills Baptist Church for over 14 yrs now and have also had my children enrolled in Rochester Hills Christian School for the past 4 years. The school has great teachers, always willing to help out and the classes are wonderful in teacher/student ratio.. my son is in 1st grade and has approx. 10 kids in his class.. so a lot of one on one time. He is learning spanish, music, computers, spelling, much more and of course all the standard curriculum as well. I am excited about my two children getting involved in robotics and technology programs as well in the coming years. I know the school uses the A Beka learning program and this is top notch in teaching children what they need to know to move ahead in life and to obtain high achievement scores. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to send their children to a place that is truly caring and focused on helping children learn and grow..

Posted April 02, 2015
We are very happy with Rochester Hills Christian School. Our girls have had the opportunity to grow up in a Christian school their whole lives. Yes things are not perfect, just as there is no perfect church, only Christ is perfect and Heaven. However the school has provided them with a great education that prepared them for college and a life of service along with dedication to RHCS. Both have succeed in graduating from a Christian college using what they were taught at RHCS and college to work in the ministry. We would not change our decision at all for the sacrifice we made to put them in Rochester Hills Christian School. It is a place where teachers will pray for you, your family and most of all your child. RHCS will become like your family if you allow them. If you are looking for a Bible believing, God fearing place for your child to learn and serve this is a great choice.

Posted March 04, 2015
I'm very thankful for RHCS. My kids have only attended this school, and I become more thankful for it every year. They have had a well-rounded and diverse educational experience. The school is small, but it doesn't lack in opportunities. Sports, art, music, robotics, computers, biology & chemistry labs, and more allow the students to expand their interests outside of the excellent traditional classrooms. It pleases me also that RHCS is eager to embrace technology that will help the students succeed at the next level of education. Mostly though, we love the emphasis on loving God and developing godly character. I highly recommend it to our friends.

Posted March 04, 2015
After having my children attend this school, I am giving it a low rating mostly because the school itself is not much different than a public school at private school prices. The dress code isn't followed (especially at high school level) and I concur with the other review below, that the teachers aren't educated with full college degrees, but most are teaching based on "certification." Favortism is very apparent as well; there are certain families that "rule the school." There are a few teachers there that are genuine in spirit, unfortunately, they cannot carry the weight of the school's reputation. I'm just being honest when I say, if I could turn back time, I would have sent my children elsewhere.

Posted March 03, 2015
Great Christian school! Safe place for the kids, academics are thought in a Christian worldview. Teachers and kids are friendly and love their school. Improvements are made every year. State of the art computer lab, smart boards. Bible quizzing teams won competitions every year. Wonderful music program. Very competitive sports program. Robotics class has been added and students succesfully compete at regional Vex robotics competitions with teams from other highschools, colleges and universities. My kids love their Christian school. We would not change it for any other school!

Posted February 02, 2015
I have to agree with all of the previous negative reviewers. One of the factors that stood out to me when my son attended Rochester was that the teachers and the students are very friendly and welcoming. However, the disadvantages of this school outweigh the advantages. Yes, they have had several lawsuits that they have covered up. (The faculty members that were involved in those lawsuits STILL work there.) Their teachers are not even qualified to be teachers (i.e. some attended an unaccredited college such as Hyles-Anderson). The school days are consistently unorganized and the principal does not seem to have a clue regarding what is going on. Make sure you know what you are getting into before selecting this school for your child's education. Oh, and if you have a daughter...know that she will be made to wear dresses and skirts on a daily basis. Is this the 1700's? Please.

Posted November 05, 2014
My son has found this school to be an anchor in his education as a high school student. The Christ led principles that are taught here are invaluable. Absolutely no bully experiences. Curriculum was just upgraded and is most challenging. I would recommend this school.

Posted October 23, 2014
This school is far from 'Christian'. Dont even bother wasting your money here. It mostly goes to pay off all their lawsuits.

Posted August 04, 2014
I invested with my friends and they said they hate this school. 1. Bullies in 5th grade and above. 2. Bad education 3. Disorganized schedule And more reasons.

Posted July 28, 2014
in my opinion my kids say this school is way to easy for them. That is why we moved to a new, closer school.

Rochester Hills Christian School
3300 S Livernois Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48307
Last modified Rochester Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rochester Hills Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top