Rochester Hills, MI

Posted March 04, 2015
I'm very thankful for RHCS. My kids have only attended this school, and I become more thankful for it every year. They have had a well-rounded and diverse educational experience. The school is small, but it doesn't lack in opportunities. Sports, art, music, robotics, computers, biology & chemistry labs, and more allow the students to expand their interests outside of the excellent traditional classrooms. It pleases me also that RHCS is eager to embrace technology that will help the students succeed at the next level of education. Mostly though, we love the emphasis on loving God and developing godly character. I highly recommend it to our friends.

Posted March 04, 2015
After having my children attend this school, I am giving it a low rating mostly because the school itself is not much different than a public school at private school prices. The dress code isn't followed (especially at high school level) and I concur with the other review below, that the teachers aren't educated with full college degrees, but most are teaching based on "certification." Favortism is very apparent as well; there are certain families that "rule the school." There are a few teachers there that are genuine in spirit, unfortunately, they cannot carry the weight of the school's reputation. I'm just being honest when I say, if I could turn back time, I would have sent my children elsewhere.

Posted March 03, 2015
Great Christian school! Safe place for the kids, academics are thought in a Christian worldview. Teachers and kids are friendly and love their school. Improvements are made every year. State of the art computer lab, smart boards. Bible quizzing teams won competitions every year. Wonderful music program. Very competitive sports program. Robotics class has been added and students succesfully compete at regional Vex robotics competitions with teams from other highschools, colleges and universities. My kids love their Christian school. We would not change it for any other school!
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 02, 2015
I have to agree with all of the previous negative reviewers. One of the factors that stood out to me when my son attended Rochester was that the teachers and the students are very friendly and welcoming. However, the disadvantages of this school outweigh the advantages. Yes, they have had several lawsuits that they have covered up. (The faculty members that were involved in those lawsuits STILL work there.) Their teachers are not even qualified to be teachers (i.e. some attended an unaccredited college such as Hyles-Anderson). The school days are consistently unorganized and the principal does not seem to have a clue regarding what is going on. Make sure you know what you are getting into before selecting this school for your child's education. Oh, and if you have a daughter...know that she will be made to wear dresses and skirts on a daily basis. Is this the 1700's? Please.
6 people found this helpful

Posted November 05, 2014
My son has found this school to be an anchor in his education as a high school student. The Christ led principles that are taught here are invaluable. Absolutely no bully experiences. Curriculum was just upgraded and is most challenging. I would recommend this school.

Posted October 23, 2014
This school is far from 'Christian'. Dont even bother wasting your money here. It mostly goes to pay off all their lawsuits.
6 people found this helpful

Posted August 04, 2014
I invested with my friends and they said they hate this school. 1. Bullies in 5th grade and above. 2. Bad education 3. Disorganized schedule And more reasons.
5 people found this helpful

Posted July 28, 2014
in my opinion my kids say this school is way to easy for them. That is why we moved to a new, closer school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2012
One star is way to much more then it deserves. I graduated form the high school a few years ago. The students i met were good people, but the faculty is hypocritical and favoritism flourishes. My brother was recently released from the school on a false accusation based on no proof or merit just rumors started by a student. The faculty didnt bother to get my brothers story and we even went through the trouble of providing evidence which holds up in court but they brushed it aside. This disgusts me. We are a christian family and sought a christian school. That is not what we got. Not to mention this was the first place i personally saw illegal substances. Be very cautious in placing your children here.
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2012
The best kept secret in Oakland county...my son has been going since kindergarten and loves his school. Our daughter is currently in the kindergarten program, which they give her a fair, honest, and godly love to excel. We will continue to drive 30minutes to school for our experience and christain education at RHCS.

Rochester Hills Christian School
3300 S Livernois Road, Rochester Hills, MI  48307
Last modified Rochester Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Rochester Hills Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top