9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The biggest difference I observe between the teachers at this school and at the local public high school(s) are the dedication to the students and the pursuit of high integrity and Godliness. As a result, the teachers here are highly effective due to the relationships they build with the students that involves their attempts to be good and Godly role models.

Amount of homework: Agree

One of my children is a junior this year and has 5 Honors and AP level courses in the fields of mathematics, science (2), social studies, and English. He has a lot of homework in these classes on a nightly basis, but I certainly would not want it any other way. I am not paying school tuition so my kids can play video games and watch TV at night.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and administration all strictly enforce a code of conduct among the student body on a daily basis. This code of conduct is based upon insisting that the principles set forth to us by Jesus Christ are followed.

This school's current principal, Steve Garrabrant, is an outstanding leader who cares deeply about the development of the students: academically, spiritually, emotionally, etc. He is a true professional. The entire teaching staff are well-educated, professional, and loving, committed Christians. This school has a very safe, healthy learning environment with many AP and Honors level courses for students desiring to challenge themselves.

LHNW is a great school filled with caring staff and teachers. There is such a wonderful sense of community. Christ is taught and lived out everyday. The curriculum prepares each student for college course work at an advanced level with the wife variety of AP, Honors, and college dual enrollment classes. NW has been such a blessing to our family.

I have one child that has graduated from this school and 2 children currently attending. The dedication and commitment of the teachers is outstanding. The teachers must be dedicated because they aren't paid as much as comparable teachers in the public school system. It has been a major financial sacrifice to allow our children to go here. God has been faithful and provided the funds necessary and when it often seemed impossible the school leadership reached out to us and offered help. We are thankful for the opportunity to place our children here. One word of caution.... If your child has been struggling with character or spiritual issues don't expect that transferring them to this school will instantly solve the problem however it is a great step in the right direction.

This is my daughters second year at this school and school just started, but it is the worst. She was going through challenges last year with her peers and her teachers and I thought maybe it was because she was just starting high school, but she is having the same problems this year. The students are not nice and the staff walk around like they don't know what is going on. I even had a teacher last year tell me there were not a lot of African Americans that attend this school, but they are suppose to be Christians. God only see one color, but at this school everyone is not treated the same.

I am a parent of two students, one who graduated from Northwest and one who is currently attending. We love the school, teachers, staff and principal! The teachers are willing to work with students who are struggling. The principal and staff do all they can to make sure the school is affordable. Our oldest was well prepared for college socially, spiritually and academically.

I cannot speak highly enough of this high school. I have had 3 children graduate - all went to college with scholarships. They made life long friendships and continue to keep in contact with former classmates. They all took AP college credit courses at NW. All the teachers are truely interested in each and every student. The principal is the best. I know that my kids are grounded in their faith. They still speak highly of their teachers and classes. I have one that is a sophomore this year and I will continue to support this school even after all my kids have graduated. It is worth it.

I have had one son graduate from Lutheran High Northwest and now have another who is a senior. This school has been a true blessings to our family. I have appreciated the challenging academic programs which prepare young men and women for university and for the future! The caring staff and administration is wonderful! Your young adults will have a wonderful experience at Lutheran High Northwest and you should seriously consider this great school!

Last modified Lutheran High School NW is a Private school that serves grades 9-12