Rochester Hills, MI

Posted November 17, 2014
LHNW is a great school filled with caring staff and teachers. There is such a wonderful sense of community. Christ is taught and lived out everyday. The curriculum prepares each student for college course work at an advanced level with the wife variety of AP, Honors, and college dual enrollment classes. NW has been such a blessing to our family.

Posted October 15, 2013
I have one child that has graduated from this school and 2 children currently attending. The dedication and commitment of the teachers is outstanding. The teachers must be dedicated because they aren't paid as much as comparable teachers in the public school system. It has been a major financial sacrifice to allow our children to go here. God has been faithful and provided the funds necessary and when it often seemed impossible the school leadership reached out to us and offered help. We are thankful for the opportunity to place our children here. One word of caution.... If your child has been struggling with character or spiritual issues don't expect that transferring them to this school will instantly solve the problem however it is a great step in the right direction.

Lutheran High School NW 1

Posted September 19, 2013
This is my daughters second year at this school and school just started, but it is the worst. She was going through challenges last year with her peers and her teachers and I thought maybe it was because she was just starting high school, but she is having the same problems this year. The students are not nice and the staff walk around like they don't know what is going on. I even had a teacher last year tell me there were not a lot of African Americans that attend this school, but they are suppose to be Christians. God only see one color, but at this school everyone is not treated the same.

Posted February 19, 2011
I am a parent of two students, one who graduated from Northwest and one who is currently attending. We love the school, teachers, staff and principal! The teachers are willing to work with students who are struggling. The principal and staff do all they can to make sure the school is affordable. Our oldest was well prepared for college socially, spiritually and academically.

Lutheran High School NW 1

Posted January 30, 2009

Posted October 23, 2008
I cannot speak highly enough of this high school. I have had 3 children graduate - all went to college with scholarships. They made life long friendships and continue to keep in contact with former classmates. They all took AP college credit courses at NW. All the teachers are truely interested in each and every student. The principal is the best. I know that my kids are grounded in their faith. They still speak highly of their teachers and classes. I have one that is a sophomore this year and I will continue to support this school even after all my kids have graduated. It is worth it.

Posted April 29, 2008
I have had one son graduate from Lutheran High Northwest and now have another who is a senior. This school has been a true blessings to our family. I have appreciated the challenging academic programs which prepare young men and women for university and for the future! The caring staff and administration is wonderful! Your young adults will have a wonderful experience at Lutheran High Northwest and you should seriously consider this great school!

Posted March 12, 2008
Our son is finishing his first year at Northwest. He is happy with the social aspect of the school, the sports program where the school plays some very competitive teams and with the academics. The prinicpal and the teaching staff, along with the coaches are true role models for him. We as parents, love the Christian and family atmosphere of this school.

Posted January 14, 2008
One of the most amazing principals of any high school in the community. Northwest offers a strong administration, high parental involvment, and great kids. There are also high academic standards, solid extra-curricular and strong athletics. Kindness and community are priority. Teachers and principal know students by name. Extracurricular activities include sports, music, drama, and more. Wouldn't have my children anywhere else.

Posted January 14, 2008
Our middle daughter is now a senior, and our son a freshman. It has been a wonderful experience. Christian attitude and examples are everywhere. Very refreshing to be involved in a school where you see the principal any time you walk into the school, and he is willing to discuss anything with you--on the spot, if necessary. Smaller classes are great--kids learn more. Children are polite and respectful to teachers and parents. Wonderful!

Lutheran High School NW
1000 Bagley Dr, Rochester Hills, MI  48309
Last modified Lutheran High School NW is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Lutheran High School NW Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top