Rochester Hills, MI
Before care: Yes

Holy Family Regional School 3

Posted July 06, 2014
As a parent who just bought a house in Rochester and who strongly wants my kids to attend a top Catholic school, the posts on January 16 and October 26 very much concern me. I also noticed the church service just after July 4 made no mention of America, placed America the Beautiful after another closing song so the priest never made any recognition of the event (he had already left), and the priest dropped (practically threw) the Eucharist into my hands without looking at me when he made the drop (did it have anything to do with my patriotic pin?). I also notice HFS has Common Core books, unlike many Catholic schools. Can anyone comment on whether the new administration is taking the school along the progressive education path? Can anyone conform or allay my concerns? Advance thanks!

Posted February 18, 2014
Holy Family School has been a great place for my children to grow both spiritually and academically. The teachers are very dedicated to the children and I feel like my children have learned so much in their short time at the school. The reading program in the lower levels really addresses the needs of each student. Parents are encouraged to be involved and they help make the schools many programs operate smoothly. We are very happy to be a part of a nice community.

Posted February 11, 2014
We have two children attending Holy Family and we couldn't have made a better choice! The parent involvement here is much greater than what we've seen at other nearby schools. The school provides such a warm and welcoming environment for both parents and students. We have always experienced great communication through our teachers and other staff members. The school sends out daily emails to all parents regarding upcoming events and daily news. Academically and spiritually, our children have grown. Our children both love it here and we couldn't feel more blessed to be part of such a great, close-knit learning environment!

Posted February 02, 2014
HFRS provides my children with a wonderful environment to grow academically, socially and spiritually. The teachers are so helpful and loving. Their are programs to help students who need more of a challenge through the talent development program as well as a program to help younger children in reading if they need it. We are so blessed to have found Holy Family!

Posted February 02, 2014
We have two Children at Holy Family North Campus and have been here for 3 years. Although we live in a very strong school system (Rochester where I did attend school myself) we wouldn't consider sending our Children to the public elementary after our experience here. Academically both schools both our public school and HFRS are very good, however, what makes HFRS unique is the family enviroment. Even after such a short time I know almost all 90+ children in my eldests grade as well as the parents. I spend a lot of time in the school and find the children to be happy and well behaved. The parents help to establish a real sense of community and want to be involved. I also like that my kids are learning there is more to things like Holidays other than just presents, that they need to give back and help others, and they need to be respectful to all and celebrate every individuals unique gifts. No matter which High School we choose public or private I truly believe HFRS will provide them an amazing foundation for there future.

Posted February 01, 2014
Our family has been an active part of HFRS for seven years. Our three children have individually thrived spiritually and academically. We experienced one year of Rochester public schools and were very disappointed. We have been pleased with the transparency of leadership at both North and South campuses. Despite recent staff changes, academic excellence, discipline and religious foundation remain strong. Middle school has been an academic challenge and we accept this challenge in preparation for high school and beyond. Great place to be!

Posted January 30, 2014
As a parent of this school, I would like to respond to the review posted January 15, 2014. Communication between the school and parents is very transparent. Not only can we tap into our daily FOFTY but also our on-line Fundamentals twice a month, daily media updates, and our HFRS website. My understanding as to the reason the Spanish teacher left was due to a higher paying position in a public school. In order to keep the cost of tuition down, Holy Family, like many other private schools, find a more affordable option by using shared services with public schools. That is a great idea. There is no loss of our Catholic identity. We are a very faith-filled community. For the first tme ever, our students are going to Mass once a week instead of twice per month!

Holy Family Regional School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
We have been at Holy Family for a few years now and are very happy. We are very pleased with the academics. We feel Holy Family really pushes the children, and that is very important to us. The parent involvement is wonderful and it really feels like a small community.

Posted January 29, 2014
My son is thriving at HFRS! We started him in Kindergarten through the UCS system. We were happy with their academic program, however, we did not feel a sense of community. This was very important to my husband and I for our boys to experience. So the following year we made the switch to HF and had our son repeat Kindergarten. We saw an immediate change in our child - he seemed so content! He was happy with his friends, teachers, school and, most importantly, himself. His confidence has grown by leaps and bounds and the nurturing and loving environment at HF has played a big part in his growth. As parents, we could not be any happier with our choice to send him here. We know he is getting a solid education in a faith-based community. Our youngest son starts next year and he is excited to be a part of such a wonderful "family!"

Holy Family Regional School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
Devastated to see what was once an exemplary school with a strong spiritual base turning into a private, secular environment. A perfect example of the current administration - that essentially kicked two wonderful religious women out of our school last year - is what occurred with a Spanish teacher this year. Our S. Campus Spanish teacher left this fall and was replaced with a public school teacher. The students were in the middle of learning a prayer. When the new teacher was put in place, the prayer STOPPED. No explanation, nothing. The lack of communication at this school is ridiculous to stay the least. We have had a serious decline in enrollment over the past few years and the school, admittedly, has not conducted "exit interviews". Last year, the staff turnover was extraordinary. That speaks volumes! Don't be too fooled by the recent wonderful reviews as parents were asked at a school meeting to provide exemplary reviews. If you truly feel that way - wonderful, but if your reasoning is we just simply must accept what is happening and believe our administration has our best interests, you deserve everything this school becomes over the coming years.

Holy Family Regional School
2633 John R Rd, Rochester Hills, MI  48307
Last modified Holy Family Regional School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Regional School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top