Posted December 19, 2011
We have had an excellent experience at Hugger. I only had one issue come up during our 6 years at Hugger and the principal handled it with professionalism and was completely supportive of my concern. We have loved every teacher we have had at Hugger and I couldn't imagine my children going to any other elementary. Both my kids love school and I attribute that to the warm and nurturing environment. My children will leave Hugger with a strong academic background, a love for learning and fond memories of their time at Hugger. What more could you ask for? Also , there are quite of few school of choice children that attend Hugger as well and families that have moved into the area just so their children could attend Hugger. Keep in mind you'll always find a few parents that aren't happy with their situation , but the majority of the students and parents are extermely happy at Hugger.

Hugger Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2011
Beware of the Principal. Had to transfer out of school district last year due to her and the former superintendent incompetance one my childrens safety!! Superintendent left, so returned, thankfully due to school of choice! While taking children to local sports and activites several families have transfered to other elementaries and private schools due to the principals incompetance. Ask to see the incident reports before sending children to this school!

Posted July 11, 2010
We considered private schools for our children to ensure the best education possible. We have no doubts in our decision on sending our children to Hugger Elementary. We love the principal and have had terrific teachers. The MDE just have Hugger 99.1% out of 100% on thier ranking system of academic achievement. It is true the Rochester schools due not offer foreign languages at the elementary level during the school day, but they do offer after school programs.

Posted April 12, 2010
I must agree with the other evaluator that said she is not fond of the principal. She is pro teacher but not necessarily pro parent. If there is an issue with a teacher, she will always support the teacher. As a parent, I feel my voice is not heard. Academically the school is good. My child is happy attending Hugger.

Hugger Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted April 14, 2009
We have 3 children and each have attended Hugger since Kindergarten. Our oldest is now at Hart Middle School with excellent grades. I could not imagine a better learning environment and am grateful for the Hugger community. This is a 'bucket filling' school which means in addition to academics, the children are encouraged to see the positive qualities in each other. I believe that in addition to the parent support and teachers make this an awesome school. We will not move by choice until our kids have completed elementary school simply because of the school and community.

Posted February 21, 2009
I have two kids who enjoy every bit of Hugger school time. Hugger staff, children and parents are very friendly. Couple of kids who moved from North Hill to Hugger are ahead in their lessons. When compared to Troy schools, Hugger does not teach other languages like Spanish. Troy schools are academically high in rank. Even though Hugger can't make to Troy elementary schools, Rochester kids who graduated from Hart and Stoney creek high school are no less when compared to kids graduated from Troy high schools. Best thing is enjoy the neighbour hood and living atmosphere in Rochester. Enjoy Hugger environment. Go for it!!

Posted February 20, 2009
I have children in Hugger now, also had 2 others already graduate that went to Hugger, Enjoyed it more when we first moved here.The Principal then was a man and the school ran smoothly. I am not fond of the current Principle and would prefer to go to a different school district, we live in Washington and have to attend Rochester Schools. Not everyone is nice there are alot of very rude people in this district from Parnets,to kids to Staff. If your moving to Rochester pick a different Elem. School I do love the Middle School & High School though Parent of Rochester School students

Posted January 06, 2008
I am the proud parent of 2 brilliant children, one currently attending Hugger and one who graduated 2 years ago. The Hugger staff seems to have found the perfect balance providing a comfortable, nurturing atmosphere and a challenging curriculum. Opportunities for parent envolvement are abundant, but at the same time working parents who may not always be able to make every field trip or conference, are not made to feel like you don't care about your childs future. The teachers are top notch and we couldn't be happier with the Principal. My kids love Hugger, and If you are new the the area, in my opinion, it's your best choice.

Posted October 22, 2005
- a former student
I think that Hugger is great. I used to go there and I loved it. I think that people should send their child there because I learn a lot that I didn't know. Also they make it fun to learn. I never miss a day of school because I didn't want to miss anything important. Hope you see Hugger the way I do.

Hugger Elementary School
5050 Sheldon Rd, Rochester, MI  48306
Last modified Hugger Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hugger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.