PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

God fearing Christian school, We are a family here! Where education through the word of God is first. Exceptional teachers staff and faculty.

My daughter is currently at Saint John Lutheran, the school offers, sports, music, science and math, she loves it and the teachers are caring and although be go to another church on sundays,they have always make us feel welcome, there is a also a new principal, great school!!

I have heard many good things about St. Johns; the school came highly recommended by friends and neighbors. My third grade, 9 year old daughter was attending a public school at the time of my application. She did very well academically, but lacked maturity when called upon to work independently while her teacher taught the majority of lower reading level students. The teacher would pull her hair to get her attention. Thus, one of the motivating factors in applying to St. Johns;. Long story short, she was not accepted to St. John's; I was told by the principal that he did not think their teachers would be able to handle my child. I was astonished and in tears as I tried to explain what had happened and that my daughter was not a behavior problem. It fell on deaf ears. My daughter and I were devastated. Today, my daughter is a successful graphic designer for a major dot com company. She completed her education in the public school system and went on to college. In spite of her success, it is still painful when I think back on that rejection experience and the lack of faith in "saving" a nine year old child.

Our daughter entered St John in the 8th grade. She was warmly welcomed by not only the staff, but by all her classmates as well. She was challenged academically and allowed to progress as quickly as she needed to. Her teachers were terrific! My husband and I felt this was the best school experience she has ever had and we wish we had known about St John sooner. Thank you St John Rochester!!!

Saint John Lutheran school is the best school in Michigan. A great team of teachers, the nicest students and parents anywhere. Worth looking into for anyone of any faith.

Our children have been attending St. John since our oldest was in the four year old preschool program. Because of the high academic standards we have found at St. John, we have every intention of sending all of our children through St. John. The teachers know each child by name, and they unabashedly care about the academic and spiritual well-being of each child. It is with great pleasure that children at St. John CAN celebrate CHRISTMAS... not 'Winter Break.' Teachers CAN begin the day with a prayer, or the Pledge of Allegiance. The entire school celebrates chapel once a week as well. With the addition of our new principal, St. John is blessed w/ a new enthusiasm. Come in for a tour!

We chose to send our children to st. John lutheran school because we wanted our children to receive a strong education centered around christ in order to not only grow in there academic abilities but also grow in their faith in jesus christ. This year, st. John brought in a new principal, mychal thom. He is young, enthusiastic, and on fire for christ. St. John students have scored at or above their rochester public school counterparts in standardized testing, however, mychal is seeking to strengthen the science lab and foreign language programs at st. John. We look forward to seeing a lot of great things do to the new energy that mychal brings. Praise god for mychal thom!

Elementary school is ok - middle school is sub par in math and science. No foreign language - weak principal. Very small school - not great if you are looking for a diverse environment. Students who are members of church seem to be given preferential treatment

Last modified St. John Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8