Posted February 16, 2014
Wondering if this has anything to do with the new common core. TheBlaze.com reported: Dad Outraged Over Biology Homework That Stepped Way, Way Over the Line Let s say your high school freshman son or daughter asks for your help with a particularly difficult biology homework assignment. So you walk over, glance at the worksheet on DNA and blood type, and notice questions about a mother trying to determine the identity of her baby s father. Then question reads in part: She had the state take a blood test of potential fathers. Based on the information in this table, why was the baby taken away by the state after the test? Possible answers? Cab driver, bartender, flight attendant, and guy at the club. That was what Larry Basaj read on his daughter Audri s homework page from Romeo High School about 30 miles north of Detroit and he said he flipped.

Posted February 27, 2013
I can't believe how nice some of these teachers are, it's crazy! This school is amazing my son went from d's and c's in Shelby to almost all a's, it's like magic. The principle is so friendly, same with the staff. The location Is also very nice.

Posted April 24, 2010
I first moved into the Romeo school district because they had great schools, but in the last few years I have become very disappointed, especially with their math program at the high school. Many of the kids need to take math help in the form of paid tutoring to learn their math that is taught by the RHS teachers. Why are we parents sending our kids to school if we need to pay for additional math assistance, or reteach what was learned in school because it was confusing for them to learn? The school is not as up-to-date on the information taught in the computer classes either. On a more positive note, the sports programs have been exceptional, and my kids have excelled in the sports programs.

Posted October 20, 2009
I am a student attending this school and i find that it was a great experience.

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted March 27, 2009
It was a bad school for kids to attend. I transfers my kids to Almont. The teachers pretty much more about themselves then the students. They yell at the kids for no reason. The kids are mean and bad. All the threats that they have.

Posted February 11, 2009
My child is a freshman this year and I have been extremely satisfied with the academics the school has offered. My child is not an AP or athletic student but does have a 3.8 GPA and is excelling. Unfortunately every school has a strong focus on sports because that is what brings students in to the district.

Posted January 18, 2009
I attended Romeo High School and severly disliked my experience there. In fact, my senior year I transfered to Almont High School because I was so displeased. Romeo High School just doesn't feel like a frienly place, unless you play football or are a cheerleader. I feel that most of the emphasis at this school is based on athletics, but only the major ones. Football and Basketball are what it is all about. Also, there are quite a few teachers who don't really teach. Everyone knows that if you get this or that certain teacher, you won't learn diddly-squat. This annoyed me a lot as many of the classes I genually wanted to learn in. Also, being in the band, I felt like no one cared about us. There was very little funding, yet the football team seemed to get everything.

Romeo High School 2

Posted January 06, 2009
I am a graduate from Romeo High School and i cannot truthfully state that i enjoyed my time there. Most teachers couldn't give a damn if you passed, if you weren't an AP student (or an athlete) and you were struggling it was tough luck and better try next year. This was especially true to the math program. The best thing that ever happened to Romeo was the RETC center in which students who wanted to get away from the crowded halls of the high school were able to do so. Ive never felt so unprepared for placement tests in my life. Bottom line is that Romeo needs to stop Coaching and start teaching!

Posted November 07, 2008

Romeo High School
11091 32 Mile Road, Romeo, MI  48065
Last modified Romeo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Romeo High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top