Dort Elementary School 3

Posted October 26, 2014
My school is Dort Elementary in Roseville, MI. Actually, my grandson is in a 4th/5th split class. He transferred to Dort this year from Wilde in Warren. Thus far, he is doing extremely well despite a lot of repetition in his math work. He needs challenge. He loves science, but tells me it is mostly review from last year.

Posted February 09, 2014
Dort elementary has been wonderful to my children. The principle Mr. Felker is amazing. My first child began going to this school 11years ago under Dr. Yee as the principle, also a great woman. Mr. Felker was a 4th grade teacher there at the time. I now have 1 child graduated, 1 in the middle school, and 2 in Dort. I would never think to move my children out of this school. In fact my family has moved 3 times in the past 12 years, but have stayed in the same area for nothing more than to keep my children in Dort. The staff is very friendly and they really take the time out to get to know your children. The teachers and principle take thetime out to give your children extra help that they need to be successful. They say it takes a community to raise a child and this school takes that saying to a whole new level. I couldn't ask for more.As hard as I work to provide for my children this school really makes a difference in my children being successful! :-) Thank you Dort for everything you do. Jessica Smith.

Posted January 07, 2014
Where do i begin with this school?! Everything is amazing from staff to how kids react to staff and no all of them. Most of the staff knows who your child is by face and first name. What other school can you go to that your treated like its a huge family not just for your child but you as parents also. Another thing questions no way no how should you feel stupid or someone's going to judge you for a question you have. The staff principal him self will without a sec thought take yur concern and work to death figuring it out if he doesnt have the answers. He wont stop till he does. And then thr pto is unlike any pto rumor, nightmare, story you ever head this pto wasnt you to have fun feel welcomed share your thoughts, bring up issues, etc. And actually work together to fix them. Great place to go to and see where all the funding is going. Sounds like a perfect schhol for any family come on inside and see for yourself!

Posted December 29, 2013
We love Dort Elementary we have been going go this school since 2010 both my girls attend dort now .I have to say to the parent(s) that are have trouble with bullying it does happen some kids have no respect for others feeling but if you sit down with the teacher or Mr felker and talk to them about this they will try to take care of it the best they can .if u find there not helping then go to the superintendent. Its going to happen anywhere .

Posted August 03, 2013
I Love this school! Every teacher my daughter has plus more is so nice and caring! Also the principal is great he's awesome with the kids and interacts with them. It's school does so many extra things and makes if fun for the kids to Learn!

Dort Elementary School 1

Posted December 06, 2012
I agree with the one parent because the school has lazy teachers for 6th grade students who actually needs help and the students dont even get the help they need my daughter has been a dort since the 1st grade and has been bullied every year at dort and mr. felker the principal does noting about it and the teacher is worthless if she cant take the time to listen to what my daughter has to say when kids are bullying her and callin her all kinds of names, names that shouldnt even be said in school. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE unless they want their kids bullied then be my guess, send them to a school full of bullies.

Posted January 28, 2012
I am new to Dort, and love the entire staff. Parents need to take some responsibility for their child's education, it starts in the home, and teachers need the support of parents to help their child succeed. It's unfair to judge a school on test scores alone.

Dort Elementary School 4

Posted June 16, 2011
The statements made in the previous post are not correct. If you have any questions about Dort Elementary, I suggest you call Mr. Felker (Principal) and take a tour or ask about policies. I have always found this school to be excellent and focused on my child, not just a test score.

Dort Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2011
READ THIS IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING THIS SCHOOL! My daughter has been here since kindergarten (now in 6th grade) I have ALWAYS been an active parent in her school, Helping teachers EVERY year, tried the P.T.O. (very high school) and have coached cheerleading for 3 years now. Her education has ALWAYS been a good one. . He is extremely involved with outside programs and such, just lacks in finding the problem at hand! The grades for the M.E.A.P. are well below states percentage and I blame this on the teachers that have passed these kids who should NOT have been passed just because they didn't want to deal with them or the parents. Recently they have taken the 6th grade desks away because kids weren't bringing their work home. It has been almost 3 months and my daughter has ONLY brought work home 3 times! Her teacher is very lazy!! Which sucks because up til this year I have LOVED every one of her teachers! I know that when I take my daughter out of Roseville District she will be BEHIND a bit! This is lack of teaching! They want OUT OF DISTRICT kids so bad because they bring in a bigger pay check to the school that it has caused ALOT of problems! I DO NOT recommend this school!

Posted August 14, 2010
Mr. Felker is an amazing principal, so happy we chose this school for our daughter over another district!

Dort Elementary School
16225 Dort Street, Roseville, MI  48066
Last modified Dort Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dort Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top