Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 16, 2015
The Secretary at this school is very nice and loves her job as well as the kids. The staff is amazing and smart. We love it here. Put it this way.. I switched my child from Lkvw district to Roseville ...top notch electronics. All kids were given free kindles. They have their own ipads at school. Free lunch and breakfast provided. Huge education facility!! Make the switch you'll.love it

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 16, 2015
Mrs. Boesil for giving my child the best start to her future when she had kindergarden with you!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 16, 2015
Yes they are always promoting sameness of the students by reminding then how to act in line or the class or at recess.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 16, 2015
Because the teachers are tunned in to their children. So fairness is always right because they are listening to what happens in the class so there isn't any mistaken issues of unfairness.

Posted March 29, 2014
I have had a "your child is absent?" when she wasn't call as well. BUT!!! I would much rather get a call asking than not! Which I know some schools don't call. When I got the call about my daughter I said no she should be there. Right away they called down to the room (with me still on the phone) and found out that yes she was there. She had service squad and was late getting to they gym where her class was 1st thing that day. It was just an misunderstanding. But THANKFULLY they did call and it was cleared up! My daughter was safe and in school! I am glad they call when a child appears to be absent and no parent has called them in as such.

John R. Kment Elementary School 3

Posted May 22, 2013
To any parents that's looking for an outstanding office staff (secretary) or substitute assistance, this is NOT the school for that. I received a disturbing phone call from the office staff stating that my child is ABSENT. I know she went to school, and how upset and nervous i was at that moment!!!! When I called, they verified that my child was in fact in school. When i questioned them to double checked before they make the call to me, their excuse "WE HAVE TOO MANY CALLS FOR ABSENT STUDENTS TO DOUBLE CHECK"...WHAT!!!???? THANK GOODNESS we have one more year at this school.

Posted April 27, 2013
Kment Elementary is a great school. The staff is very dedicated to teaching. My daughter has attended from K-3rd presently. Each and every year I have found her teachers to be very caring and dedicated to their students. Parents have to understand that teaching your child begins at home. I believe that our Children need to have the support of Family and Staff to excel. Provide your child rest and prepare your child for learning. Discipline begins at home. Structure begins at home. Children learn from examples. Parents be a good role model for your children. Go to bed on time. Be prepared make sure your child has completed assigned homework. And support the staff in any way you can. Many times after dropping my child off at school I see the same parents rushing bringing children late. This has to disrupt the students class. Do you think your employer would tolerate you running late every day? Give your child a fighting chance in this world and be responsible enough to get your child to school on time and ready to learn . Our School and staff have many issues to contend with budget cuts, etc. Discipline begins at home. Thank you Kment Staff for all you do!!

John R. Kment Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2012
I am not crazy about Kment. My daughter is in 2nd grade and barely comes home with homework. She did not have any type of project due until February, and then sent home letters stating the due date 4 weeks from then. The next wednesday my daughter brought home a letter stating the report was now due on Monday and NO late papers will be accepted. On Monday morning there was only 9 kids that turned their homework in. There was also another project due in that same week after not having anything for the first part of the school year. Their is hardly any parent involvement. I loved my daughters 2nd grade teacher, she was very patient. They had to do a lot of lay offs and now your childs kindergarten teacher used to be a 6th grade teacher. I just do not agree with the way the school is run. There are some amazing teachers that teach at this school though.

Posted April 15, 2012
For clarification, Kment Elementary used to be Eastland Elementary. This is the schools 3rd year running. It was newly built in place of Eastland. It's a beautiful school with updated technology and the most caring teachers you will ever meet! They truly go the extra mile for our kids. Parent involment is outstanding.

John R. Kment Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2008
I love Eastland the staff is amazing and the teachers are all by far the most caring and understanding group of teachers you will meet!! I'm glad to say I have been apart of this school for 2 yrs now and i wouldn't have my children attend any other elementary school,they really do go that extra mile for each and every student and it makes sending my kid's to school every day easier knowing they are around people who do care.There is very little parent involvement but the parents that do help out and that are there are a great bunch of parents. I have nothing bad to say about eastland,I am glad i choice to send my children there!!!!

20033 Washington Street, Roseville, MI  48066
Last modified John R. Kment Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.