Roseville, MI

Eastland Middle School 5

Posted August 13, 2015
This school really cares about the students. They are very understanding and communicate with the parents. Yes that is important.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 13, 2015
They work so hard in a word that has lost the importance of education. I try to tell my kids that your teachers provide you the opportunity to learn not the guarantee you will learn. You have to work at it.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 13, 2015
Homework should be given that is review only. They really try not to overwhelm my child with busy work.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted August 13, 2015
They have added more advanced classes and brought up the 6th grade to the middle school. They also are using technology in the subjects of math and reading with more difficult reading levels. If students struggle they help them.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 13, 2015
Yes they do develop respect. Teachers and students at this middle school know that respect works both ways for students and staff.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted August 13, 2015
They expect all students treat each other with respect and hold them to it. If a student makes fun of another student in class the teachers handle the situation.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 13, 2015
Staff has put together a way that students can help solve problems and work issues with each other. Parents and counselors help with this process so all parties get involved. It is fairly new and they are still working on the details but I like the direction they are going.

Eastland Middle School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
it is terrible the teachers call parents over small things don't waste your time at this school!

Eastland Middle School 3

Posted June 24, 2012
i was new to this school and i came here in seventh grade.I sometimes felt left out because most of the kids there has been in the district so long.And the sixth grade i felt got a lot of luxury attention.The teachers were very nice to me.I guess i was the only one who treated them with the most decent respect.In my old school it was unthought of to be mean to ALL of the teachers.I am new to public school so maybe that wrong with me.I felt they would have rather kept their old students.My academic level for some of their subjects i have already completed in like 5th grade so i was a bit rusty in those subjects but in some subjects like math i was really good at it.That fact was unheard of in my old school but in this school that stuff was the stuff i learned in 6th grade.I was still not put in advanced math.In reading i was one of the top readers at my school i was reading at a 12 grade.But some how i got put in reading comprehensions the lowest reading class their is.So,maybe it their tests or something.I have several occasions when i thought and the teacher even said you will have two days to finish a test.I got one and she failed me even though i asked 2 days in a row to finish

Eastland Middle School 4

Posted November 18, 2011
I am very pleased with this school. I find that the teachers are very invested in the students success.

18700 Frank Street, Roseville, MI  48066
Last modified Eastland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastland Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top