Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I attended Eastland Middle school for 2 years and couldn't have made a better choice. I can't stress how amazing each and every teacher at the school really is. The education your student will receive is amazing. There are so many programs to help each student to achieve their full potential. The area and students don't have the best reputation, but as soon as you step in the school, you feel the sense of closeness and care between everyone in the school.

This school really cares about the students. They are very understanding and communicate with the parents. Yes that is important.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They work so hard in a word that has lost the importance of education. I try to tell my kids that your teachers provide you the opportunity to learn not the guarantee you will learn. You have to work at it.

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework should be given that is review only. They really try not to overwhelm my child with busy work.

Develops character: Agree

Staff has put together a way that students can help solve problems and work issues with each other. Parents and counselors help with this process so all parties get involved. It is fairly new and they are still working on the details but I like the direction they are going.

it is terrible the teachers call parents over small things don't waste your time at this school!

i was new to this school and i came here in seventh grade.I sometimes felt left out because most of the kids there has been in the district so long.And the sixth grade i felt got a lot of luxury attention.The teachers were very nice to me.I guess i was the only one who treated them with the most decent respect.In my old school it was unthought of to be mean to ALL of the teachers.I am new to public school so maybe that wrong with me.I felt they would have rather kept their old students.My academic level for some of their subjects i have already completed in like 5th grade so i was a bit rusty in those subjects but in some subjects like math i was really good at it.That fact was unheard of in my old school but in this school that stuff was the stuff i learned in 6th grade.I was still not put in advanced math.In reading i was one of the top readers at my school i was reading at a 12 grade.But some how i got put in reading comprehensions the lowest reading class their is.So,maybe it their tests or something.I have several occasions when i thought and the teacher even said you will have two days to finish a test.I got one and she failed me even though i asked 2 days in a row to finish

I am very pleased with this school. I find that the teachers are very invested in the students success.

I am reading about how the school calls too much to the parents about petty things. Seems to me they are taking the time to inform the parents. That seems to be what they are supposed to do. Eastland is a smaller school setting which is great for middle school students. It is not the easiest time in a persons life.

i feel that eastland is a nice school. the teacher are vary nice and has alot of pationts with us . i feel that school is not to mess around and have fun. i feel that fights are geting bad. i have one favorit teacher .............................

Last modified Eastland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.