Roseville, MI

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2014
Thank you for another great start to the first few days of school; I'm glad we got to walk them to class. I get that we can't just walk in next week and I'm glad the students will be kept safe. Thank you to the staff that was at the front door. Someone on the staff helped my oldest so I could take my kindergartener to class. I didn't get to say hi to the principal, but I did see her trying to help a crying kindergarten student.

Posted September 04, 2014
I wouldn't send my children anywhere else, all around great school. I do schools of choice to go here.

Posted September 03, 2014
I have to say that my kids are the happiest they have ever been going here. Reading all the other reviews is somewhat disheartening. And really not true for everyone. My kids are in the multi age classrooms. AS FAR AS BEING RUDE TO PARENTS I have never been mistreated there. As for the LACK of celebrations it does rob the kids. But there are reasons parents are locked out of the school given recent past events. They do it to protect our kids and themselves. I would recommend this school to anyone I know.

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
My grandchild goes to this school and I have to say I am not at all happy with it Parents are not allowed to enter for any reason There are no "fun" activities for the children They have removed all celebrations so they "do not offend others" I say if you are offended by celebrating Christmas and Easter then don't enroll your child here.! Why should OUR children suffer because of this nonsense? None of the staff is friendly and to smile is unheard of If you can avoid your child from going to this school please do so ALL parents need to get together and stand up for our children to be actual children and enjoy our beliefs and celebrations And should allow parents into the classrooms to get to know the teachers and staff that have our children locked in with them for the full day Also my grandchild has gone to the office complaining of being sick and actually vomiting right there and was told to go back to class This is NOT a good school!!!

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
This school is NOT parent friendly.. They have no programs for children. They work them hard with no recognition. I hate I enrolled my son in the school. They do nothing for the kids. But want parents to participate in different activities. No one smiles not even the principal. This is my child first and last year there!!!!

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School 3

Posted January 01, 2014
My school is overcrowded and understaffed. other than that pretty good school very clean my kids like.

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School 2

Posted October 23, 2013
I just took a tour because we are currently in the process of moving to that area so my child does not currently go here and thank goodness because the principal ( I guess that was her because she did not introduce herself) was significantly RUDE and unproffessional to my husband and I. The lady however was awesome and gave us a great tour. It's really sad when parents who are trying to do the best for their child and find the best school within their district are treated so poorly.

Posted October 02, 2012
Steenland Elementary is a great school for your K through 6 grader! The staff is fantastic, the teachers are among the best, and the principal is always involved in the buildings activities! The staff is always bettering themselves for the sake of our kids future, and its a great thing to see!

Posted October 21, 2011
Steenland Elementary is a wonderful school! This is the third year for my daughter. I wouldn't have her go anywhere else. They have different programs to offer parents alternatives. My daughter attends a mulit-age program for 1st thru 3rd grade. She absolutely loves it! I'm planning on enrolling her in the upper multi-age classroom (grages 4 thru 6) next year. I am truly amazed at the things she is learning! The facility is beautiful and new; the staff is terrific, warm, welcoming, great principal. The curriculum is rich and challenging. Great support opportunities for advanced students and for those that may need extra support. What more could anyone ask? And her middle school is directly adjacent to this elementary school. Big plus In addition Roseville still has elementary gym, music, art for Kdg thru 6th grade, free all day every day kindergarten, and latchkey .

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
I was new to this school last year. My kids LOVE it here. The building is brand new, has leading technology, the staff is friendly. There are a lot of extra activities kids can take part in ... latchkey is provided. Students are encouraged to do their best. There is a great support system for the kids that aren't doing well in math. I would highly recommend this school - or any other Roseville school, if you are looking for a great place for your kid to learn. If more parents would get involved with their child's education, schools would be even greater!

Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School
16335 Chestnut Street, Roseville, MI  48066
Last modified Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph G. Steenland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top