Royal Oak, MI

Posted October 21, 2010
I think you can't go wrong with any school in the Royal Oak Public School System. But coming to Northwood has the distinct advantage of a very involved and enthusiastic PTA and parent community. The work our PTA does to raise money and the high level of parent participation makes this school top notch within the district. It's also important to note I'm saying this after sending my first child to another school in the district for the first 4 years of her elementary schooling. (We moved specifically to attend Northwood after hearing about our friend's experience there). The education my child got was pretty equivalent, but the parent involvement was very lacking at our last school.

Posted September 19, 2010
This school is an amazing place for a child to grow up learning. Exceptional, even with funding challenges state-wide.

Posted December 15, 2009
This school should be a model for the nation,..... Absolutely one of the best schools I've known and the staff is wonderful, caring and supportive. Great Job Northwood!

Posted September 28, 2009
I have children in 2nd Grade and K at Northwood. I am a product of a very good school system, and recognize that Northwood has a good curriculum, good teachers, good office staff, an active and fun PTA, and a beautiful brand new school. The parents/families makes Northwood a great school though. The parents are very involved with their children, and that is evident in the quality of children at Northwood. The kids are respectful, dress nice, are friendly and respectful. I am thankful for our wonderful school, but especially for the students and their responsible parents. Bottom line, great kids, great teachers, great parents, great school.

Posted December 05, 2008

Posted May 15, 2006
Northwood Elementary School is a wonderful school! We elected to opt out of the district in which we reside to send our children to Northwood and couldn't be happier with our decision. The school truly has a family feel and the staff is keenly focused on maintaining the highest level of education. I have been very pleased with how quickly the teachers identify each individual student's strengths and weaknesses and how they work with them to make sure each achieves his/her personal best. The parents are very involved in the school both volunteering in the classroom and supporting extracurricular activities which helps foster a family environment.

Posted December 14, 2005
I have had four children start and finish at Northowood. The teachers are great and professional. Two of my children have received special education, academic support and have had nothing but quality help and assessment during their time at Northwood. All four of my children were encraged and supported in their indivdual strengths. The parents are quality and there is a real sense of a family.

Northwood Elementary School 4

Northwood Elementary School 1

Posted February 08, 2005

Northwood Elementary School
926 West 12 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI  48073
Last modified Northwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top