Posted March 26, 2014
I transferred from a absolutely horrible school located in my home city. I needed something new; environment, culture and curriculum. I am so excited that I applied for my children to attend Royal Public Schools. Oakland Elem is just the right pace given everything we've been through at the previous school. I cant really speak a lot on the third grade teacher that my son has because we only communicate electronically, but I absolutely adore the first grade teacher my other son has as well as the support teams. My children have come a long way. The teachers are strict and are about teaching and watching their students bloom. This is great. The only bad thing is thr after school program is too expensive. I am going to hang in there until my Children graduate. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted August 29, 2013
I have three children that have attended or currently attend Oakland in Royal Oak, I have only good things to say. The school has a am amazing group of teachers that care for and teach the kids who attend. I have amazing experiences with all the teaching staff. Many upgrades have been made recently such as air conditioning, new paint, fencing, gardens, etc. I have experienced first hand wonderful PTA members as well as parent volunteers. My kids have great friends and we feel blessed to be at Oakland.

Posted March 05, 2012
My child is currently a 2nd grade student at Oakland. Although the school definitely needs some remodeling, the teachers are excellent so far. I absolutely loved his 1st grade teacher. She taught him so much more than academics. Every time I ask a child who goes to Oakland if they like it there I get a yes. If you are looking for a place where your child will learn and grow send them to Oakland. If your looking for a state of the art facility don't. Oakland does deserve a revamping and hopefully that will be happening in the near future.

Oakland Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
My daughter is in 1st grade so this is second year here & we are defnitely not going back next year. I cannot say one good thing about this school. I don't like the lunch program or how rude the lunch monitors are, the latchkey program, really don't care for the principal, the classes are small & the teachers are nothing special, the kids need better discipline. They have been spoken to about bullying & picking on others kids for being different several times throughout the school year yet they still do it. The school is run down & the hallways are always messy/dirty. I enrolled her here because I thought it would be better since I live in the Madison Heights disctrict. We are going to a Lamphere school next year. R.O. middle school & the HIgh school maybe good but, besides Addams all the elementary need work!

Oakland Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2007
when i compare where this scholl was last year (2006) to this year (2007-08). it has gone down hill. it seems as if all the other royal oak schools are getting what they need and we are not. we get a new princapal every couple years. the kids are out of control i think do to the fact that we have a new pricapal and for some reason they think they can get away with anything. i think there is a better royal oak school out there for my kids then at oakland. dont get me wrong i think the teacher are amazing, but when ever thing else is a mess....does that really matter?? even the some of the parents don't follow the school rules, so if the parents dont set the right example why should the kids do the right thing and follow the rule.

Posted February 07, 2007

Oakland Elementary School
2415 Brockton Avenue, Royal Oak, MI  48067
Last modified Oakland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top