Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is our first year at Upton. We have a Kindergarten student. We have been very impressed with the principal and our son's teacher. The entire team at Upton is committed to providing the best education possible for each student. Communication is excellent. My son, who didn't have the best pre school experience, LOVES going to school everyday. We appreciate the diversity at Upton too!

Amazing teachers and principal! Strong curriculum. My husband and I are very pleased and my daughter is excelling there...and she loves it too!

Great school. My kids (5th grade and 2nd grade) are excelling here! Great teachers and principal!

Upton is a fantastic school! They have high expectations for the students, and help them work to meet/exceed them. The staff works well together, under the leadership of Mr. Grzywack. I highly recommend this school.

This is a great school. Great teaching staff. Super place for your children to attend.

My son started Kindergarten this year. I love how the school made the transition easier for the parents and students. We had a Kindergarten Orientation and then a Meet and Greet with his classmates. It was nice that he got familiar with his classmates and his surroundings before throwing him in to the Lions Den. Other schools we were looking at didn't do too much to accommodate the incoming Kindergartner's or parents to make the transition easier.

My Daughter Loves Upton and tells me so........ I have talked with people who moved from Upton and they miss the extra activities for the students and parents. As a parent I am grateful that my child is so happy at this school!

This is not the place to send a child that does well academically. They'll likely get pulled down to the lowest common denominator which is where the teachers are forced to spend their time. The kids doing well or even above the average are not given attention as the out of district or newly moved in from a nearby district kids bring down the whole school.

My husband and I believe Upton is a model school and perfect fit for our children. I know the quality of the school is a large part due to the outstanding leadership of our principal. As soon as you meet our principal you know that she is the most compassionate and caring person which makes it easy to entrust your children in that school. She has high but realistic expectations for students and staff. Coming to Upton was the best decision we made for our children. Glad to be back for another year.

As a Parent of 3 kids, I truely love this school. I have never been involved in such a close group of people that care about kids before Upton. I highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a great school in Royal Oak!

Last modified Alfred E. Upton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.