Royal Oak, MI
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Royal Oak Middle School 2

Posted May 29, 2014
-WAY Too many kids -WAY Too big of class sizes -Poor academics (children slipping through the cracks) -Poor parent teacher communication

Posted January 12, 2014
We just moved here from down river area in Nov '13 2014 started some snow days. The school system made good calls with closing the school due to snow, ice/extreme cold weather. I was impressed with the communication from the distrcit with phone call alerts to keep me as a parent updated on the status. As a working parent, they offered services during snow days. All 3 of my children were pleased with the transition and came back from school happy. They were pleased at how helpful and kind other students were. We moved away from allen park schools and taylor to this district because of bullying. The choice to move in November is never easy for a parent, and I know it can be difficult for children. NOW, kids are not afraid to go to school and don't make excuses to avoid school. Royal Oak as a better demographic and has good support for parents, students in educational and developmental standpoint. My middle daughter has a learning disability and the school helped a lof with the transition we are going to work with the school to achieve goals. Well worth the move. Great schools in this district. It is finally nice to see my kids happy and looking forward to school.

Posted December 19, 2013
My children have attended Royal Oak Schools for the last six years and I wouldn't consider moving them to any other district. The service they receive is wonderful. One is very advanced and there are multiple opportunities for growth and challenge. One performs more in the normal range (with and IEP) and loves school and is truly engaged which is a blessing since she is so socially oriented. The school works hard to integrate kids with special needs and to teach tolerance for bullying. I would recommend this school with a heart beat. The teachers and staff and even the principal are very friendly and easy to communicate with.

Posted December 10, 2013
Very accomodating school for kids with special needs, good after school programs, good staff. Highly rated by the state of michigan compared to other schools in area. Satisfied with the way the school teachers and prinpcal and special ed staff worked with my son and his needs to make it a good learning environment.

Royal Oak Middle School 4

Posted September 16, 2013
I have attended for 6th though 8th and loved it. There is a great energy from the classes and the teachers want you to feel comfortable to be yourself. The school brings in tons of programs and speakers that a relevant to us

Royal Oak Middle School 1

Posted July 10, 2013
I hate it there all the kids act like there better than kids that have less money. They also give out tons of homework it usually takes my whole night to finish it all i believe its to much for 7th grade. the teachers are also very rude. But the teachers do very well at explaining things, not very well at explaining to a student individually though.

Posted February 05, 2012
Excellent school. My daughter came here from private elementary school and absolutely loves it! She is getting all A's and loves that they have anime club.

Royal Oak Middle School 4

Posted October 06, 2011
My child is in 8th grade and has attended ROMS since 6th grade. The bullying against lower classmen is terrible. The school administrators seem unable to get a handle on it. Another issue is with staff and student prejudices. My child (an African American) frequently hears the "n-word" from students. My child is a good student, with a 3.5 GPA. However, each year, many of the the teachers assume my child is less intelligent than white students, forcing my child to work harder to get good grades. Despite these issues, my child is receiving a good education.

Royal Oak Middle School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
Wonderful school and staff! You couldn't ask for a better Middle School!

Posted January 05, 2010
My daughter has been getting Ds and Cs in elementary. She got help, but when she started Middle school, she was failing again. The tutoring help here really works! And the teachers understand every students lifestyle!

Royal Oak Middle School
709 North Washington Avenue, Royal Oak, MI  48067
Last modified Royal Oak Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Royal Oak Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top