Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son attends GSRP (Great Start Readiness Program-4 year old pre school) at this school. The Early Childhood center is on an opposite end of the elementary, ultimately, keeping it separate from the other elementary students. GSRP follows the Royal Oak learning curriculum and policies. This I really like as RO schools have a great reputation for Education. Any time I've had a problem, as the kids are 4 and still learning to share and socialize, it's been handled in a very professional manner, and I've always gotten calls and updates on situations. The field trips through GSRP have been amazing and educational. The last one was to Cranbrook Science Museum- AMAZING! The only reason I gave this school a 4 star rating is simply because of the district wide decision to impliment late start days, which is generally EVERY Wednesday- School starts one hour later. Yes, they do have programs to send child to school at the normal time, but they cost money. Now, unless you have reduced or free lunch, which then you'd qualify for free program, otherwise you'll have to pay. Gsrp children have this service for free. This late start nonsense causes so much grief for working parents. The other reason I gave this school a 4 star rating is because GSRP starts at five minutes to 9 AM. Seriously? Again, a pain for working parents. Clawson, Madison Heights, Roseville, etc. RARELY have a late start day. But, overall, yes, I'd recommend the school to others. But I don't see late start days dissappearing any time soon.

Here were some of my issues: 1. 29 students in the class and basically zero assistance. I found out they had an assistant coming at one point, but it was while children were out for lunch and recess. They also did not welcome parent volunteers in the classroom. 2. Very limited outdoor recess by comparison to other schools. There were very limited toys in the classroom so indoor recess classroom recess was not sufficient in my opinion. 3. Way too many movies! My kindergartener watched Frozen, Toy Story 2, The Lorax and countless other smaller shows (not educational enough for school) AND You Tube videos in school.

We have been extremely happy at Addams. The teachers are great, and very accessible after school hours.

Addams is an amazing school! The teachers and other staff are phenomenal. Everyone goes above and beyond for the students! I couldn't be happier with the education my kids are getting!

We have been extremely happy at Addams. The staff is exceptional and caring, and the parent community is amazing.

Addams Elementary in Royal Oak is the best elementary school because we have a staff who goes above and beyond EVERY day! They continually amaze me with their dedication! That is not found in every school. And the amount of parent volunteers that we have surpasses any school I have ever been a part of. We all work so well in unison. The principal, the staff, the PTA and our volunteers. We have created a community that is second to none!

We are very pleased with Addams after starting our kids at another elementary. The principal and teachers are very accessible for informal after-school chats, and kids are not stuck with their home room teachers all day. I think the kids like the variety and chance to interact with other teachers and kids not in their home room classes. By the way, the state of Michigan's latest report card shows Addams as the top elementary school in Royal Oak.

Addams Elementary is the perfect blend of innovative teaching practices, nurturing staff, and thoughtful, researched curriculum. Our children receive lots of positive feedback and attention. They feel safe and happy, while receiving differentiated instruction. The principal sets a wonderful tone; the teachers are hard-working, dedicated, and knowledgeable; the families are supportive and involved. Our family is incredibly grateful for the high quality education our children are receiving.

My kids go to Addams in Royal Oak, the teachers, students and education level is excellent.Parents support the school with asisting with activities and fund raising. my kids do not want t stay home when they are sick. Love school.

Principal leadership, teacher direction and level of caring, parent involvement. All outstanding...and a great PTA! Children who are above average, average or below average (grade level expectations) are evaluated and worked woth in groups. A wonderful way to learn.

Last modified Addams Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.