Addams Elementary 1

Posted August 29, 2014
Here were some of my issues: 1. 29 students in the class and basically zero assistance. I found out they had an assistant coming at one point, but it was while children were out for lunch and recess. They also did not welcome parent volunteers in the classroom. 2. Very limited outdoor recess by comparison to other schools. There were very limited toys in the classroom so indoor recess classroom recess was not sufficient in my opinion. 3. Way too many movies! My kindergartener watched Frozen, Toy Story 2, The Lorax and countless other smaller shows (not educational enough for school) AND You Tube videos in school.

Posted April 28, 2014
We have been extremely happy at Addams. The teachers are great, and very accessible after school hours.

Posted April 03, 2014
Addams is an amazing school! The teachers and other staff are phenomenal. Everyone goes above and beyond for the students! I couldn't be happier with the education my kids are getting!

Posted August 23, 2013
We have been extremely happy at Addams. The staff is exceptional and caring, and the parent community is amazing.

Posted August 23, 2013
Addams Elementary in Royal Oak is the best elementary school because we have a staff who goes above and beyond EVERY day! They continually amaze me with their dedication! That is not found in every school. And the amount of parent volunteers that we have surpasses any school I have ever been a part of. We all work so well in unison. The principal, the staff, the PTA and our volunteers. We have created a community that is second to none!

Posted August 22, 2013
We are very pleased with Addams after starting our kids at another elementary. The principal and teachers are very accessible for informal after-school chats, and kids are not stuck with their home room teachers all day. I think the kids like the variety and chance to interact with other teachers and kids not in their home room classes. By the way, the state of Michigan's latest report card shows Addams as the top elementary school in Royal Oak.

Posted August 22, 2013
Addams Elementary is the perfect blend of innovative teaching practices, nurturing staff, and thoughtful, researched curriculum. Our children receive lots of positive feedback and attention. They feel safe and happy, while receiving differentiated instruction. The principal sets a wonderful tone; the teachers are hard-working, dedicated, and knowledgeable; the families are supportive and involved. Our family is incredibly grateful for the high quality education our children are receiving.

Posted May 16, 2013
My kids go to Addams in Royal Oak, the teachers, students and education level is excellent.Parents support the school with asisting with activities and fund raising. my kids do not want t stay home when they are sick. Love school.

Posted May 07, 2012
Principal leadership, teacher direction and level of caring, parent involvement. All outstanding...and a great PTA! Children who are above average, average or below average (grade level expectations) are evaluated and worked woth in groups. A wonderful way to learn.

Addams Elementary 3

Posted May 31, 2011
In previous years, I would have given Addams high marks. This year with a new principal, I am worried about the direction of the school. Principal doesn't show a clear direction on how to maintain the pod system or teacher morale in the face of budget cuts and growing class sizes. We love the pod system and teachers. Parents are supportive of the school without being overly interferring.

Addams Elementary
2222 West Webster Road, Royal Oak, MI  48073
Last modified Addams Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Addams Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.