North Saginaw Charter Academy

Charter | K-8 & ungraded | 321 students

Living in Saginaw

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $58,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $635.

Posted March 8, 2014

This school have the best environment for my kids to grow up with excellent teachers that motivates them to learn.

Posted August 13, 2013

In September 2012, I started my first year at NSCA. I was happy to be there and away from my old school. I loved how they taught, most of them would come up to me personally and ask me if I need help, how there was only 20 students to a classroom compared to 50 kids to a classroom at my old school. I didn't like how they treated the teachers there, most kids were rude to our art teacher, so she quit, they fired two of my teachers, and I've had over five teachers for the same class in the whole school year. Besides that and the uniform, I had a fun time at NSCA.

Posted November 19, 2012

This school fires good teachers. Several were fired last year and now another good teacher is fired. This creates an unstable environment.

Posted July 12, 2010

North Saginaw Charter Academy is an outstanding, tuition free, school offering Full-Day K-8th Grade. I have been with the school for ten years, and find that teaching children is a wonderful opportunity and priviledge. North Saginaw Charter Academy's emphasis is on Achieving Academic Excellence, Supporting Moral Focus, Strengthening Parental Partnership, and Reinforcing Student Responsibility. Our goal is to prepare students for future success in college and life's challenges by helping them in establishing a strong academic and moral foundation. To learn more about North Saginaw Charter Academy and schedule a tour contact the school office at 989-249-5400.

Posted July 7, 2010

North Saginaw Charter Academy a wonderful school!! As a parent of a third grade child, I have seen significant growth in my child in the last 3 years. My child is being challenged academically and socially each day. NSCA provides much support to kids and parents. The teachers stay in constant communication and celebrate my child's successes!! Thank you NSCA

Posted July 7, 2010

At North Saginaw Charter Academy we offer a tuition free education that cannot be beat. I have been with this school since it opened and we have a commited, dedicated staff. Through differentiated instruction each child is given the attention, encouragement, and the opportunity to excel. With a new leadership starting our school year we are looking forward to helping your child achieve and accomplishing great things together! Be sure to give our school your consideration. We would love for your family to join our family at North Saginaw Charter Academy and have all of your students K-8 in one building! Call our school office at 989-249-5400 for additional information and a school tour.

Posted July 5, 2010

My daughter enjoys attending NSCA. The teachers give each student individualized attention and track their learning to ensure that each student is being taught at their level. I am amazed at the things my daughter has learned and remembers.

Posted July 1, 2010

I am super pleased with the education my daughter is receiving at N. Saginaw Charter Academy (NSCA). I don't think there is a better school out there for a free quality education. Not only is she learning the basics and beyond she is learning how important having good character is in the real world. With the moral focus program it is almost like getting a procial school education in a public FREE school. The teachers go above and beyond to help EVERY child acheive.

Posted July 1, 2010

I've been with North Saginaw Charter Academy for about eight years now and our teachers amaze me with their dedication and constant setting of higher goals for students to reach. When I walk into a staff meeting I am constantly inspired by their ideas and passion for teaching. As a staff we are a faimly and it is our goal to add you to our family...together growing and inspiring our childrent (students) go successed in their education. Testimonies: from time to time parents have called us letting us know how much NSCA made a difference in the lives of their children. We've had calls from ther schools (SASA, Saginaw Township Schools, etc) letting us know that student transfering from NSCA score the highest or are better mannered. I am proud of this school....I love my school!

Posted June 17, 2010

North Saginaw Charter Academy offers a tuition free education that is second to none. With the commitment of dedicated professionals, each child is given the attention, encouragement, and opportunity to excel. We're beginning a new day at NSCA. Under new school leadership, we are looking forward to boosting our enrollment and moving forward. Be sure to give our school your consideration. We would love for your family to join our family at North Saginaw Charter Academy! Call our school office at 989-249-5400 for additional information.

Posted August 15, 2008

My son will be attending 1st grade, after completing Kindergarten at NSCA. I find that the teachers and staff are very supportive of the children, the parents and each other. The teachers I have come into contact with love their job. There are around 600(?) kids in the school, and the principle knows my son by his first name!! The discipline is pretty strict, which is a good thing, but for a very active and easily distracted boy, this can be a challenge. The staff care and are willing to help my son understand, which I like. The kids seem to like the school and react well to the excellerated academics. I talked to parent whose daughter goes to another Saginaw township school, their kindergartner had not started to read yet. My son was reading little books to his classmates by the end of the year!!

Posted August 10, 2008

My son attended this school for the 1st grade for the school year of 2006-2007. Just like what the other parent said in their post. It is so true that they put the students at a disadvantage with the public schools. I pulled my son out of this school after one year and he went to the public school. He was behind the whole year. Now he is just now catching up. This school is run just like a business they want you to sell something every month. I need to put the kids first or this school is going to be in trouble!!!

Posted October 31, 2007

We took our children out of this school this year. Their academics put them behind the public school system; particularliy in math, language arts, computers and spanish. The teachers are caring, but the way the school is run by a company instead of a regular school system left us with a lot of good talk from administraton (liked to tell us what we wanted to hear) and little substance. I am glad we made the decision to remove our children. They are now catching up to other students in the public school they currently attend. Be aware of what is being taught compared to other schools (academics).

Posted October 5, 2007

i used to go to this school. By far it was the greatest school ever. I loved the teachers there very one on one with you. they go out of their way to help you with anything.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 24, 2007

I need to know what my daughters school supply list is but other than that this is an excellent school for my chidren to go to I feel that my chidren are safe and well taught so thank you

Posted July 3, 2007

My daughter attended this school for K-1st grade and I recommened this school to parents who would lke their child to be in a school of diversity! I believe this school, the teachers, and staff are excellent at this aschool and they ensure a great education. The academics in the classroom are not only good, but they teach the students to become great citizens in the community... I highly recommend this school for many....the only thing I wish they had was a lunch room. The students have to eat in the classrooms without talking and I think lunchtime is a time to release some energy so that was one thing I was against. Most of all, NSCA is a great school and if you are thinking about sending you child to this school I'm sure you will enjoy it just as much as your child does--lots of parental involvement!

Posted March 2, 2006

This school has done more for my child academically in 2 months than any school has in the 2 years he's been in school. All of his grades have improved to a's and b's and he is finally excited to get up in the morning and get to school! his teachers are always there when i have a question or concern and they e-mail me almost daily to inform me of homework or just to fill me in on what kind of day he had...Good or bad. I strongly recommend nsca to any one who wants their child to succeed and become a better person because of it!

Posted October 5, 2005

I highly recommend NSCA. My son has been a student there since 4th grade and now he is in the 8th grade. I really wish they had a high school. Their academics is fantastic. NSCA is morally sound and well structured. The athletic department is the best, teaching the students good sportmanship, which is at the top of list. I would recommend NSCA to anyone.

Posted July 25, 2005

I highly recommed this school, our child went here from the 6th grade until he graduated of this year 2005, he cared for the teachers as the teachers cared for him, they seen he had areas that needed worked on and they were there for his needs, great Principal our son is really going to miss her caring in every area in a child life, As you first walk in that door you will see a friend sitting the secretary greeting you with the best smile, than you will feel at home, just as your kids will feel at home and safe until they are back with you.

Posted February 28, 2005

Our children have attended this school for the last 4 years and we love it! It offers a challenging academic and morally based cirriculum. Our middle child has some educational struggles and they have been more than willing to offer any and all accomadations that might help her in any way! Highly recommended!

Math

The state average for Math was 40% in 2014.

48 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

48 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

40 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2014.

42 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2014.

41 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 45% in 2014.

54 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2014.

52 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 17% in 2014.

56 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 42% in 2014.

52 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2014.

50 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 27% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 39% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

54 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 35% in 2014.

33 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2014.

34 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 20% in 2014.

33 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Source: Michigan Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Below average

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 MEAP results from the state of Michigan.

2 This rating is based on 2012-13 net growth (significant improvement/improvement - significant decrease/decrease) according to Performance Level Changes from the state of Michigan.

African-American 60% 18%

• (989) 249-5800

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now