Saginaw, MI

Posted October 31, 2014
All of Westdale's staff and teachers are very helpful and welcoming. I have had 2 kids attend Westdale and both had a wonderful experience.

Posted October 31, 2014
I have recently moved to Saginaw and have a kindergartener attending Westdale now! I am so very impressed with this school! The principal and faculty are all so friendly and helpful! The involvement of parent and teachers as well as what my child is learning is very impressive! Not only am I impressed with the material but the behavior they teach is remarkable! They are taught to respect everyone, to tread everyone nicely and it is very much like a school family! We love Westdale!

Posted October 29, 2014
I love Westdale! The staff is beyond amazing. They are very proactive and involved with each and every child. The school is orderly and the principal is an incredible leader. This is by far the best elementary school that I have witnessed!!

Westdale Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2014
I attended this school years ago, when it was still k through 5th grade. I loved the township schools. Now my children attend this school, but it's much different, but still good. My son had a hearing problem that also affected his speech, and resulted in behavior problems. The school got him a speech therapist, and his teachers worked with me by moving him to the front of the class and communicating with me when he was having issues. Now he is going to arrowood, and doing great. My daughter is at westdale currently in 2nd grade. Westdale has helped her thrive. The biggest issue I have, that made me give them 3 stars and not 5, is how they handle the release of students. There are way too many parents picking their kids up instead of letting them rise the bus. We only live a mile and half from the school, so they weren't eligible to ride the bus. The parking lot after school is incredibly dangerous. Too many cars and not enough parking spaces. The parents drive like lunatics and there are kids running around, almost getting hit by the cars. It's a mad house. I wish they would find a solution to this problem, as it's very dangerous.

Westdale Elementary School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
I was not at all pleased with the principle, the regular kindergarten and the young fives teacher. My child has trouble hearing and she needed to be sitting closer to the teacher cause of some learning problems she might be having. The teacher and the principle would not listen what so ever to us or even a doctors note about her hearing. They would not move her to the front. We pulled her from westdale and on the last day my child was there, she said the teacher was very mean to her. She is now at a private school and is doing awesome. The teachers and the principle should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted May 30, 2011
As a newbie to the district this year, I cannot sing enough praises. My kids are transplants from the city schools and WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN THE QUALITY OF EDUCATION!! I have a learning disabled child who was "swept under the rug" because he is not a distraction, nor a "problem" child and his needs were being totally dismissed in the previous school. I made the tough choice and moved him to Westdale this year and he has made tremendous growth, excelling from reading at MAYBE entry level kindergarten {same as my current Kgartner}, to beginning of 2nd grade level, WITHIN THIS SCHOOL YEAR. He has made tons of friends and is widely accepted for who he is. Westdale has a strict no bullying policy, as well as teaches acceptance and tolerance for people who are different. I only wish they were not a K-2nd school, because I would love for him and my other child to attend for awhile longer. Trust me, if you are thinking of sending your child to Westdale, you will NOT be sorry you did. My biggest regret was not doing it sooner.

Westdale Elementary School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
i'm am so proud of what this school has tought my child. i am really proud of the student he has become. great teacheers and staff,

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted November 25, 2008

Posted November 22, 2008

Westdale Elementary School
705 South Center Road, Saginaw, MI  48638
Last modified Westdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Westdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top