Bad
Good

I have two kids one in kindergarten and o e in second. I love them both! They go out of their way to help the kids. Especially my son in second who needs a little extra help. I wish I knew before I enrolled them though that it only went to second grade! And a little upset theirs no kindergarten graduation!

We are new to the district this year. coming from freeland, this school has significantly failed at all my expectations, except one... My childs teacher is wonderful very warm, friendly, and accepting. The Cafeteria staff are RUDE & mean, and dont allow my child to finish lunch, even when she has expressed that she isnt finished yet, they make her throw it away. no wonder she comes home starving everyday! the principle is a joke. RUDE, and very unprofessional. I tried to have a conversation with the lady, and she laughs and jokes, as if i'm inconveniencing her by asking questions, that as a parent, i have the right to ask. The principle wouldn't listen to what i had to say at all, and kept saying "oh well.." to my concerns. I am very sad that this has been our experience, and sadly, i don't think either of my children will be attending this school next year because of it. the other issues i feel i should address is the parking lot, the drop off and pickup arrangement (its a mess!!) AND the fact that my 4 and 6 year old get up earlier for school that we do for work! that's crazy! school should not start at 7:30 am for preschoolers and first graders.... fix this.

This school has a lot to offer its students including breakfast and after school care. The staff is warm and friendly and put the best interest of the student education first.

Our children started at Sherwood 2 years ago. They had been at another private school previously. We have not had any negative experiences. All of the teachers are wonderful and we love the after school activities. I have eaten lunch with the kids a few times and have NEVER seen a megaphone. That was an old post, maybe that is what happened before I got there. I do know that during lunch, they have a 5 minute quiet time where the kids can't talk. When I heard of that, I wondered, but then when I went there and saw the reason I totally understand. If you don't make elementary children be quiet for that amount of time, they would never finish their lunch! Mrs. Kennely, the principal was extremely welcoming to us and made our transition very easy. The kids absolutely love her.

We just moved from texas; all sherwood staff are being very supportive with my daugther to make her feel welcome. Especially her current teacher. But I have to recognize that Cafeteria Staff are not very friendly

I have two children at Sherwood. My kids always tell me that the lunch ladies are always yelling at kids. The teachers seem stressed out and not very caring or understanding. The principal is very unprofessional with poor listening skills and is very condescending. The teachers seem to push special school programs in order to get more money for their school.

Everything about Sherwood Elementary School is wonderful. The staff is innovative and makes learning fun for the child. The parent group is very active and provides much support to the children through volunteerism, sponsporing monthly evening activities, and purchasing equipment. The principal runs a building that is one of the best in Saginaw County.

Last modified Sherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2