Saginaw, MI

Sherwood Elementary School 1

Posted October 06, 2014
We are new to the district this year. coming from freeland, this school has significantly failed at all my expectations, except one... My childs teacher is wonderful very warm, friendly, and accepting. The Cafeteria staff are RUDE & mean, and dont allow my child to finish lunch, even when she has expressed that she isnt finished yet, they make her throw it away. no wonder she comes home starving everyday! the principle is a joke. RUDE, and very unprofessional. I tried to have a conversation with the lady, and she laughs and jokes, as if i'm inconveniencing her by asking questions, that as a parent, i have the right to ask. The principle wouldn't listen to what i had to say at all, and kept saying "oh well.." to my concerns. I am very sad that this has been our experience, and sadly, i don't think either of my children will be attending this school next year because of it. the other issues i feel i should address is the parking lot, the drop off and pickup arrangement (its a mess!!) AND the fact that my 4 and 6 year old get up earlier for school that we do for work! that's crazy! school should not start at 7:30 am for preschoolers and first graders.... fix this.

Posted July 29, 2011
This school has a lot to offer its students including breakfast and after school care. The staff is warm and friendly and put the best interest of the student education first.

Sherwood Elementary School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Our children started at Sherwood 2 years ago. They had been at another private school previously. We have not had any negative experiences. All of the teachers are wonderful and we love the after school activities. I have eaten lunch with the kids a few times and have NEVER seen a megaphone. That was an old post, maybe that is what happened before I got there. I do know that during lunch, they have a 5 minute quiet time where the kids can't talk. When I heard of that, I wondered, but then when I went there and saw the reason I totally understand. If you don't make elementary children be quiet for that amount of time, they would never finish their lunch! Mrs. Kennely, the principal was extremely welcoming to us and made our transition very easy. The kids absolutely love her.

Sherwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 09, 2009
We just moved from texas; all sherwood staff are being very supportive with my daugther to make her feel welcome. Especially her current teacher. But I have to recognize that Cafeteria Staff are not very friendly

Sherwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 05, 2009

Posted March 12, 2009

Sherwood Elementary School 2

Posted December 15, 2008
I have two children at Sherwood. My kids always tell me that the lunch ladies are always yelling at kids. The teachers seem stressed out and not very caring or understanding. The principal is very unprofessional with poor listening skills and is very condescending. The teachers seem to push special school programs in order to get more money for their school.

Posted June 16, 2007
Everything about Sherwood Elementary School is wonderful. The staff is innovative and makes learning fun for the child. The parent group is very active and provides much support to the children through volunteerism, sponsporing monthly evening activities, and purchasing equipment. The principal runs a building that is one of the best in Saginaw County.

Sherwood Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2006
I have two children at Sherwood. The school feels generally frustrated with the kids. The lunch ladies yell at the kids with megaphones, the teachers I have experienced seem overwhelmed, the prinicpal is condescending. Sometimes test scores don't tell the whole story. I would like to help out in class more, but I feel dominated at the end of the day. Discipline is a bit heavy handed, as if teachers expect poor behavior and are surprised when children behave. My kids are great and they are overly rewarded, but many other parents are put off by the power dynamic in the class room. I agree. I've seen it.

Sherwood Elementary School
3870 Shattuck Road, Saginaw, MI  48603
Last modified Sherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Sherwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top